2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Getter

by Getter

Its real narrow. I've been back there a while ago.

I know Wolfpack Hustle does their races in Griffith Park. It would be kinda cool if a race was to finish at the observatory...but that would just be one traffic nightmare. Los Feliz is already bad enough.

There's good reason why Pasadena was chosen for the finish.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

RETURN OF THE KING

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

^ best news I heard all week.

That and Porte going to BMC being confirmed, but we all knew that was going to happen.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

xena
Banned

by xena

nathanong87 wrote:RETURN OF THE KING

king of inevitable disappointment
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

lippythelion

by lippythelion

^Wonder if he'll race in the World TT championship. Who else does the US have?

jooo

by jooo

xena wrote:

Remind me which pro races you've won again? That dude's got a decent rap sheet for someone who's had spent a fair bit of time off the bike with injury and is still pretty young.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Snipped the silliness. By all means, discuss. No need to call one another names. PP

djconnel

by djconnel

What pro cyclist doesn't experience more disappointment than success? There's maybe 3-4.

Phinney's awesome. It's great to see him back. I just hope his injury doesn't cause permanent limitations.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

xena wrote:

+1. He needs to continue his hanging out with the Morton brothers, grow a mustache and wear hipster clothing.

djm

by djm

djconnel wrote:Dumbrowki, he had Iliac artery issues. I'm not sure if Sky contributed to that. Maybe it could have been diagnosed quicker.

"Everyone" who are diagnosed with it are diagnosed late, it seems. It is simply not the first issue medics look into.. if they even have heard about it.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

A surprise win in San Sebastion. Or was it? Always seems like only a matter of time before those guys get their wins.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

53x12

by 53x12

Awesome ride by Yates. I really like the kid.

"Adam Yates (Orica-GreenEdge) took the biggest win of his young career at the Clásica San Sebastian on Saturday, with victory coming as a huge surprise after the 22 year-old British rider believed a breakaway had finished ahead of him.

Yates only realised he had won as he neared the finish line and saw his soigneur celebrating. He only then started to celebrate his win but still needed convincing after the race.

I didn’t know I’d won. I spoke to my directeur sportif but the radio was too quiet to hear him. I honestly thought there was a break up the road,” Yates explained briefly before crowned the winner on the podium. “I didn’t know what had exactly happened up front in the finale. I just went full gas and so I won but at time I had no idea.”"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/clasic ... 5/results/
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

wingguy

by wingguy

Those guys? I don't get it?

But anyway, both the Yates (Yateses?) were seriously impressive at the TdF. In a few years time if they don't burn out they could be like 2 new Quintanas. I'd love to be able to fast forward 3 years and see where they are then...

benzebub

by benzebub

apparently Greg Van Avermaet was in the lead on the last climb but got ran over by a motorcycle and his frame cracked.
while he was lying down in the bushed Yates passed him but didn't see him. That is why Yates was so surprised because he expected GVA to have finished before him.

for those who speak Dutch:

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.2404913
But I could be wrong

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Here's some footage of the incident: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWDjzRf_G4

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xena
Banned

by xena

jooo wrote:
xena wrote:

Remind me which pro races you've won again? That dude's got a decent rap sheet for someone who's had spent a fair bit of time off the bike with injury and is still pretty young.

Hyped up and not delivered. Do you want me to name riders not as hyped up and who have delivered major wins? Johan Van Summeren, Alexander Kristoff, Niki Terpstra, John Degenkol Peter Sagan etc etc ,,,,,where's Phinney?

Just because I disagree with your opinion does not give you the right to call me a retard troll etc etc.
I am pointing out Facts.

The guy has found the Jump to the majors not so easy reminds of EBH lots of potential but cannot deliver the big wins.

Do you honestly think he's to going win to PR next year etc ......I very much doubt it.
Its not a debate its my view.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Snipped the silliness. By all means, discuss. No need to call one another names. PP
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/