2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

H0RSE

by H0RSE

Froome Dog will definately win a stage or two should he be in contention for GC. If he isn't, team principal no less, will be asking some serious questions as to why the FD was lounging around. A situation which would be an embarassament to the FD of a professional magnitude. Doubt it.

There are going to be some serious blows to one another on a bicycle to be witnessed in the forthcoming weeks. Such is the scale and obsession of road riding.

I think it's Pistolero Berto vs Froome Dog due to the sheer pride which is at stake here on both sides. Although it's my feeling PB may be too tired in this case. Usually for PB, as we've seen on more than one occassion, is takes just one critical slip for it all to come crashing down in a domino effect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

H0RSE

by H0RSE

Last edited by H0RSE on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KWalker

by KWalker

Re Ted King he has no choice to retire. No results to speak of and not really known for being experienced enough to be a captain. On Liquigas he filled their low-paid, but necessary American rider quota to keep sponsors happy. His incredibly annoying, yet popular online persona helped get him a spot on the new Garmindale squad, but in reality its obvious he is fighting an uphill battle to keep his relevance at a time when team spots are limited. The media exposure is great for sponsors, but at the same time doesn't really do much in the way of ROI.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

iamtedking was the dumbest slogan

KWalker

by KWalker

fully agree, but if I could come up with a slogan that netted me a pro contract for a few years then I'd be stoked.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

he should have lobbied to be on IAMcycling

KWalker

by KWalker

You should actually suggest that to him so maybe he can get a job next year?
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

@H0RSE - Sorry, that was directed at the post you were replying to. Not yours.

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Hopefully Froome will fail on the cobbles again and not make it to the hills. He's a joke of a rider and best being out of the way before the proper riders start racing.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

H0RSE

by H0RSE

Not to worry..

KB

by KB

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
Hopefully Froome will fail on the cobbles again and not make it to the hills. He's a joke of a rider and best being out of the way before the proper riders start racing.

You're a sad little man. you should be ashamed of yourself. I would never wish that on anyone.

jooo

by jooo

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Hopefully Froome will fail on the cobbles again and not make it to the hills. He's a joke of a rider and best being out of the way before the proper riders start racing.

The thing that I find surprising is that some people who think Froome has no bike handling skills or race craft must just be blind/forgetful. Think of races like 2013/2014 Romandie where he and Spilak just left everyone for dead on the descent. You don't hold or increase gaps to riders like Costa or Nibali in bad weather if you're a poor rider, simple as that. Froome's had the odd issue in bad weather/terrain, but name one rider who hasn't. You can't! Everyone has had problems at some stage and Froome has done ok - he wouldn't have won so many races if he really had a problem staying upright. Common sense please.

But anyway, I shouldn't have fed the troll. With the original comment so incredibly stupid, it was surely just meant to provoke :roll:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

nathanong87 wrote:
DanW wrote:Which race is that from Nate?

UK nats!

Heard it mentioned when I was watching the replay.

Did House hit the deck? And am I missing something with photography...if everyone has a zoom lens why the hell can't they just pull back from the side of the road when the rider is 2 meters from them? Ridiculous.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Check out his instagram. He sort of stumbled and stayed on his feet but was pretty much knocked off his bike. House - always a classy bike rider and seems like a good guy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Tinea Pedis wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:
DanW wrote:Which race is that from Nate?

UK nats!

Heard it mentioned when I was watching the replay.

Did House hit the deck? And am I missing something with photography...if everyone has a zoom lens why the hell can't they just pull back from the side of the road when the rider is 2 meters from them? Ridiculous.

The same exact thing happened with Kennaugh at last lap or so, when a fan on the road didn't move at all while Kennaugh was passing by and he had to hit him with shoulder.