2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AGW

by AGW

Re: plasticizers. The one likely to have been detected in Contador was DEHP which is the medical standard for plasticizers in IV bags and tubing. It is not found in food storage products or packaging; it has strictly medical and industrial uses. Furthermore, the test for plasticizers is qualitative rather than quantitative, meaning a result can simply be reported as "positive" instead of "10000000 ng/dl". A positive is a positive.

Interestingly, I often have to use DEHP-free bags and IV tubing for my transplant patients receiving anti-rejection meds. I simply grab it from right next to the regular tubing.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEHP

mrlobber

by mrlobber

KWalker wrote:I like Contador. He is a fun rider to watch. He never, ever gives up, just like in 2011 when he had no chance of winning and went on the attack on the last day. Or how he beat Rodriguez in the Vuelta by utilizing team tactics and intelligence. I will miss his riding when he retires.

^ This.

Somehow I tend to agree to almost all of your posts :D :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bogan

by Bogan

mrlobber wrote:
KWalker wrote:I like Contador. He is a fun rider to watch. He never, ever gives up, just like in 2011 when he had no chance of winning and went on the attack on the last day. Or how he beat Rodriguez in the Vuelta by utilizing team tactics and intelligence. I will miss his riding when he retires.

^ This.

Somehow I tend to agree to almost all of your posts :D :D

Me too.

All the doping talk is getting very boring. It is what it is. When eventually someone gets caught, we can all remonstrate with each other, "I told you so" or whatever. In the meantime I would rather read about the racing, the bikes and the people. A lot of what is posted here is great and enables a time poor father to get a quick read as to what is happening in the various races going on.

This is as close as I get to a rant.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Contador is fun to watch but I think part of that is the generation he is in. Makes him seem more fun. I just hope people stop claiming he is clean.
Pantani tops my list of all time fun to watch (g.o.a.t.t.w.?) The little man took down some big riders!
What surprises will the Giro bring today. Will Ryder attack from way out? Aru? oh so exciting.
This Giro has been great. Its nice when a race is partially defined by the organizers/route rather than just allowing the riders to make the race. :thumbup:
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

Raineman

by Raineman

Agreed, this Giro has been fantastic. A lot of that is due to the course and not having to wait a week for some hills/breakaway winners but there has been some really good racing too.

stang1

by stang1

Quick question... where the hell are them pro's getting the -17 stems from FSA? I have literally combed the whole net and I could not find any..

Willier

by Willier

Tinea Pedis wrote:
IchDien wrote:RAI did a feature on all of the Giro's female assistant's today after the stage, what they do, what they wear, various "look at her in a bra" shots WHILST split screen with a close up of Cipollini's face for a live reaction from the studio to the feature.

Very comedic...but try doing that on the BBC!

Please tell me there is footage of this.

From 49:55

http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/rai/?title=Processo+alla+tappa:+Stage+19+Post-Race+Show&dashboard=giro-d-italia&id=49fc84c8-ff8a-4192-80b8-317c3cf256fa&yr=2015

Liggero

by Liggero

AGW wrote:Re: plasticizers. The one likely to have been detected in Contador was DEHP which is the medical standard for plasticizers in IV bags and tubing. It is not found in food storage products or packaging; it has strictly medical and industrial uses. Furthermore, the test for plasticizers is qualitative rather than quantitative, meaning a result can simply be reported as "positive" instead of "10000000 ng/dl". A positive is a positive.

Interestingly, I often have to use DEHP-free bags and IV tubing for my transplant patients receiving anti-rejection meds. I simply grab it from right next to the regular tubing.

do you have a photo of that or you just made it up in texas?
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

the Eurosport commentator couldn't be more pathetic, trying to find a crisi from a leader with over 5 minutes advantage. Even Sean Kelly could just stay silent hearing such stupid comments. The guy was cool as a cucumber, and Landa and Aru got a 1,5min advantage that could not extend, not even in 30km...
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

Greg Lemond seems to be retarded too, LOL!!! well, he was a great rider, but he was retarded since he was borned so, no surprises there. Journalism; "don't let reality jeopardie a sensationalist headline".
Happy Trails !!!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Liggero wrote:
AGW wrote:Re: plasticizers. The one likely to have been detected in Contador was DEHP which is the medical standard for plasticizers in IV bags and tubing. It is not found in food storage products or packaging; it has strictly medical and industrial uses. Furthermore, the test for plasticizers is qualitative rather than quantitative, meaning a result can simply be reported as "positive" instead of "10000000 ng/dl". A positive is a positive.

do you have a photo of that or you just made it up in texas?

A photo of him conducting an organ transplant? A photo of DEHP-free tubing?

You realize that he was making a "most likely" statement, based on professional experience, not a statement of fact, right? As in, "If someone received a transfusion, the most likely plasticizer to be found would be the primary component of IV bags and tubing: DEHP."

And, where the hell did you get Texas from? His location clearly says Tucson, AZ.

Slowly back away from the keyboard. Go drink a beer.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Liggero wrote:the Eurosport commentator couldn't be more pathetic, trying to find a crisi from a leader with over 5 minutes advantage. Even Sean Kelly could just stay silent hearing such stupid comments. The guy was cool as a cucumber, and Landa and Aru got a 1,5min advantage that could not extend, not even in 30km...

agree with you there.. no need to Bertie to panic with 5min+... just ride your pace..stay out of trouble..get ready for TDF
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

AGW

by AGW

@Ligerro, patient privacy laws here in the great nation of Texas prevent me from sending you pictures. Since I can't oblige, perhaps I can fulfill some boorish American stereotype for you? Shall I refill the 40-gallon tank of my diesel quad-cab pickup truck? 'murica

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Liggero wrote:Greg Lemond seems to be retarded too, LOL!!! well, he was a great rider, but he was retarded since he was borned so, no surprises there. Journalism; "don't let reality jeopardie a sensationalist headline".
please enlighten us oh wisest one!

LeMond has forgotten more about bike racing than you or I could possibly ever know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Impressive riding by Aru.