2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

HillRPete wrote:
IchDien wrote:Wiggins couldn't ask for much more for P-R with Stannard and Thomas as team mates. Be interesting to see how nice those three play together...

Last year if i remember correctly, Thomas didn't really pull for Wiggins when Terpstra rode away. With Stannard and Thomas having good wins, wouldn't you think it's about time Wiggins confirmed his leadership claim on the road as well?

leadership? Isn't he due to retire after PR? even though I'm not his fan it's sad how he's being treated by his team - like he never won that Tour..
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

wingguy

by wingguy

nathanong87 wrote:considering what happened to tornado and spartacus (just now...broken back), team sky is looking like geniuses

I know several people who have cracked or crushed vertebrae and it's been described to me as the most painful experience you could ever imagine. The level of hard-bastardness needed to get back onto the bike, on cobbles, after a crash like that is simply mind boggling. Makes you wonder how many pro's permanently screw themselves up by trying to ride through injuries that should have them in a hospital bed.

On the plus side though, G for Flanders! Get on it you little welsh beauty :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

Other thoughts: Stybar has a sick position on the bike, but did his massive shoulders create the drag that stopped him from bridging across to Thomas? :wink:

Sagan's kit is horrendous. He looks like a clown who's had flourescent paint thrown over him at a childrens party. WTF? :unbelievable:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

wingguy wrote:
I know several people who have cracked or crushed vertebrae and it's been described to me as the most painful experience you could ever imagine.

:(

maquisard

by maquisard

I have fractured vertebra twice and it can be pretty painful in the short term. I was fine lying down on the back board in the hospital until they tried to sit me upright at which point I couldn't breathe and took all the morphine they would give me. I was back riding in a week on the turbo and wearing a vest to stabilise the fracture but there was residual stiffness there for a long time.

ico

by ico

wingguy wrote:
Sagan's kit is horrendous. He looks like a clown who's had flourescent paint thrown over him at a childrens party. WTF? :unbelievable:

He often acts like a clown, so it might be a matching combination.

Vagabond

by Vagabond

CerveloBert wrote:Really bummed about Cancellara getting hurt actually.

Me too. My favourite pro races of the year will be lackluster without him and Boonen. Sagan was no match for Cancellara.
Colnago e Campagnolo

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

After the fall Cancellara was sent on his way. while I saw some other riders either on the stretcher or just laying in the grass not being able to get up. He might be back sooner then later.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Zitter

by Zitter

That's mostly because he's next level hardass

(from Velonews)
oh Luca...

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

G da illest

HillRPete

by HillRPete

tymon_tm wrote:
HillRPete wrote:Last year if i remember correctly, Thomas didn't really pull for Wiggins when Terpstra rode away. With Stannard and Thomas having good wins, wouldn't you think it's about time Wiggins confirmed his leadership claim on the road as well?

leadership? Isn't he due to retire after PR? even though I'm not his fan it's sad how he's being treated by his team - like he never won that Tour..

Not sure what you mean. Yes he is one of the most accomplished riders, but that still doesn't mean Stannard or Thomas will ride for him if they are in better form this spring. Maybe he's planning to attack early in P-R and have his teammates sit tight wight the chasers, so nobody feels like towing them to the line.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

what I mean is, I have a strong impression he's been tossed around ever since his 2012 win in the Tour. SKY couldn't figure out what they wan't him to be, especially since Froome became their favourite pet, and being left out of big picture didn't help him mentally or physically either. he's got such a huge potential, yet to the public it appears as he has to fight even for that very unstable position in the team of his.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

HillRPete wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:
HillRPete wrote:Last year if i remember correctly, Thomas didn't really pull for Wiggins when Terpstra rode away. With Stannard and Thomas having good wins, wouldn't you think it's about time Wiggins confirmed his leadership claim on the road as well?

Not sure what you mean. Yes he is one of the most accomplished riders, but that still doesn't mean Stannard or Thomas will ride for him if they are in better form this spring. Maybe he's planning to attack early in P-R and have his teammates sit tight wight the chasers, so nobody feels like towing them to the line.

at this point they should just TTT paris roubaix.

it's easy for me to hate valverde but sometimes i love him

Snabb

by Snabb

nathanong87 wrote:
HillRPete wrote:
tymon_tm wrote:

at this point they should just TTT paris roubaix.

it's easy for me to hate valverde but sometimes i love him

Hate? Valvpiti has got Panache, atleast the last couple of years.
Ride lots!

gravity

by gravity

Yeah Valverde is cool. Im rooting for him in the Ardennes Classics!

Not much news or interviews on Valverde as of late. It's always the native english speaking riders who normally featured in cyclingnews, velonews etc. I wonder why..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com