2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CBJ

by CBJ

Sprinter vs climber there has to be some physical differences.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hasbeen

by hasbeen

I think he is wearing insulated bibs and a couple of layers (prob insulated as well) on the upper body.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

Zitter

by Zitter

layers and belly breathing. not seeing any rolls of fat, just a continuous belly which shows his breathing. looking at arms (arm warmer tightness on bicep) and legs shows he's pretty lean, maybe a little over which is understandable.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/03/cooks ... ssibility/

If true, it baffles me that teams would try this. Easy to catch, no plausible deniability if caught, and so insanely damaging to the reputation of the team and the sport.

nickl

by nickl

kkibbler wrote:http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/03/cookson-on-motors-in-bikes-our-information-is-that-this-is-a-very-real-possibility/

If true, it baffles me that teams would try this. Easy to catch, no plausible deniability if caught, and so insanely damaging to the reputation of the team and the sport.

Maybe it's happening below the World Tour level? I can't believe a WT team would try it, and so many people in the team would have to know about it.

Bogan

by Bogan

I don't see how you could do this at any level without getting sprung. Shit always comes out into the open sooner or later. Once more than one person knows about it, it is no longer a secret.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

KWalker wrote:Typically military athletes, at least in the U.S., are always hampered by the fact that they have to pass active duty/fitness tests and also fulfill their work duties which impacts their ability to train, race, and travel.

You nailed it. The U.S. military does have an elite athlete program. Participation varies by service. For example, the Navy doesn't have a cycling program, but the Army and Coast Guard do. Not sure about the Air Force.

The majprity of participants in these programs are non-deployers... people whose military jobs generally keep them in one location where they work fairly routine hours. For those who deploy as part of their job it is virtually impossible to maintain adequate fitness to compete at an elite level. And even for those who are able to remain fit, it IS impossible to stick to a sport-specific training program. One can't be an elite cyclist based on 9 months of stationary bike use.

Rob81

by Rob81

different levels and strategies of doping turned out to not be a secret inside the peloton, still none was talking if not "caught". I guess there's not much difference if motorized bikes will be found: none knew but.... everyone knew. A good topic for CyclingTips "Secret Pro"?

hasbeen

by hasbeen

First of all, I told ya so. Second, we are talking about Omerta here. Omerta is like the Great Wall of China, big, strong, with only little cracks here and there. If high level doping went on for many years so will this.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

djconnel

by djconnel

A few days before San Remo:

In any case good to see he solved his chain-tossing problem :)

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

On March 24, HammerTime2 wrote:Maybe the commissaire will start getting suspicious if we see guys go on monster breakaways, and then change bikes shortly before the finish line to get rid of the evidence. Or how about a hub drive motor, and then switch powered wheel before the finish line for a legal one?
In http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/03/cookson-on-motors-in-bikes-our-information-is-that-this-is-a-very-real-possibility/, Cookson wrote:That would not just include bikes at the finish. It could include bikes that were used mid-race and then put on top of team cars, etcetera.
Looks like Cookson has been reading WW. :laughat:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

KWalker wrote:I don't quite grasp why Wiggins hasn't been selected for the races that are key to his preparation for Roubaix. Why would Sky not select the rider that got them their first major win to race valuable prep races in the run up to his last race for the team? Its not like he is just going to sit in for 150km then dip out and go home.

LouisN wrote:Save him from crash possibilities before a major event ?

considering what happened to tornado and spartacus (just now...broken back), team sky is looking like geniuses

Zitter

by Zitter

spartacus reported to have two fractured vertebrae in his lower back =(

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

Really bummed about Cancellara getting hurt actually. I was expecting some good face-off type stuff between him and Sagan this year.

Zitter

by Zitter

It's really heating up in E3!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com