Lost / not delivered goods from UK stores

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stormur

by stormur

Does anyone experienced in last 30 days extremely increased amount of lost / stolen(?) packages from UK ?

from 6 ordered , 4 "lost" :shock: , these delivered sent by DHL Express, rest postal ( all tracked !!! )

Wiggle and other stores returned payment ( however I'd like to receive goods … ) , but f.e. UK Bike Store took money and "good bye" :evil: ( given tracking number don't exist ( it does but for package from 2013 :? ) - don't even bother to answer emails :?:

Does anyone have / had like myself, or I found "bad karma" ? :roll:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Christmas post. It happens every year.
Lots of temporary workers, overloaded depots....... Missing parcels.

And UK bike store will refund your money, eventually.
just keep on at them.

stormur

by stormur

I will not buy there ever… eventually ;) tiny order, tiny £ … so no loss there- just "experience" ;)

Orders were shipped in first week of November- so smth like 50 days to Christmas…
Mark Twain

mattr

by mattr

OH, also, if your name or address includes any ÖÅÄ type symbols, many of the label printing programs they use in the UK just ignore them or print gibberish.

So i've had nasty letters from Posten telling me to ensure that parcels are addressed correctly, thankfully i'm the only person with my surname (excluding the wife) in the entire postal region. So the parcels tend to be easily identifiable.

stormur

by stormur

I always replace ÖÅÄ with OAA ;) in these one particular shop case is bit different : they gave me tracking nr for some old delivery ( 1 y old ) - not my package, so have very reasonable doubts that any package has been sent from them ….

Rest used my data which worked fine last years without issues… so :???
Mark Twain

djm

by djm

Recently received packages from R&A in New York w. Fedex and with DHL from Wiggle, no problems.. Actually surprisingly fast.

sungod

by sungod

you can tell your credit card company that goods were not delivered and shop refuses to communicate, you should then get the refund and the store will get a charge back from the cc company

may only be a small amount, but report bad service and maybe the shop owner will fix their service in future

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

Left 1 package from Wiggle ( consider as stolen, 5 weeks from order …. ) , all the rest money returned or delivered with HUGE delay :) .

For 10-20 euro I will not make 1 hour phonecall to bank ( 55 min of waiting for consultant ) , fill 3 pages of claim and wait 90 days for decision :mrgreen:

cheap bought experience… 45 days to Christmas all orders will made delivered by fully tracked courier only service .
Mark Twain