New Helmet Concept.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mattr

by mattr

http://www.smarthat.info/

I'm almost lost for words........... I suspect the reason this "Industrial designer" (Toby King) has time to work on this is thanks to him being utterly useless.

LouisN

by LouisN

Finally..., THE helmet design to perfectly complete the Pinarello Dogma/ Campagnolo combo :lol: !!

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

You mean the Pinarello F8/Shimano combo... Don't drag Campagnolo into this... [emoji2]

mythical

by mythical

Never mind the helmet! Why would any rider position themselves on the road like that, and in such a big gear nonetheless? :noidea:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Rick

by Rick

I think the turn signals should be mounted on the sides of the short's chamois.

I will patent that as the "Smart Ass"

:noidea:

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

no matter how stupid the design appears to be, i'm sure there's a market for a 'cyber helmet', that combines the functions of a cell phone, ipad, onboard camera, photocamera, navigation, side mirrors, front and rear light, coffee break alarm (similar to what Mercedes offers), powermeter, on-line training assistant, and many more.

i can only imagine how annoying riding in one would be :?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Yikes, saw the helmet on a friend's Instagram. Thought it was some Bike Snob joke.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

The one thing I DO like about it, are the build-in lights.
Are there any manufacturers that have build-in lights? Seems like the easiest option if you have many road bikes, to be seen in the (near-)dark.

mentok

by mentok

I'm 99% certain that this was mocked up by a Liberal (conservative) shill so when they eventually force Australian cyclists to wear, carry or display bike registration they can point at this helmet and say "at least we're not making you wear this".

dmp

by dmp

This will be successful if they add a solar panel on top to eliminate the need for batteries. I would estimate that it will need to be about a meter squared surface area to provide enough power, and to capture adequate moonlight when used at night.

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

I read an update that "although he doesn't ride himself the designer cannot understand why he has had so many negative comments" :?

MikeM

by MikeM

de zwarten wrote:The one thing I DO like about it, are the build-in lights.
Are there any manufacturers that have build-in lights? Seems like the easiest option if you have many road bikes, to be seen in the (near-)dark.

Lazer incorporate an LED light mount within the roll-sys on their helmets. You have to buy it aftermarket, but when fitted it makes no difference to the appearance of the helmet.
"Life without passion is empty" - Eddy Merckx
So that explains the hours on a bike...

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

I invested $10000 into this. I think it's a very promising design.

sychen

by sychen

I love this arsehat ... Rather have the cassette shoved up where the sun don't shine.

Miller

by Miller

MikeM wrote:
de zwarten wrote:The one thing I DO like about it, are the build-in lights.
Are there any manufacturers that have build-in lights?

LED rear lights also to be found on the rear adjustment dial of many kids' helmets. My two youngsters have Abus helmets with this feature, useful now that we're cycling back in the dark.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com