Warm drinks on the bike

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

padmasana

by padmasana

Hi. It's been freezing here in Kentucky and I rode this weekend with hot drinks.
I filled up a Camelbak Podium Ice water bottle with hot water. I mixed in orange Cyatomax and an orange fiber powder (like metamucil). I expected it to be gross, but it tasted just fine actually.
The bottle might be too big for what you are looking for unless you carry it in a back pocket, which would help keep it warm also.
I carried the bottle inside a Camelbak Rogue pack, with its bladder half full of similarly hot water.
I took the bottle out of the pack 90 minutes later and the liquid was still wonderfully warm.
The hot water did not seem to damage either the Rogue pack or the Podium Ice bottle. Their website says not to use extra-hot or boiling water.
I'm a believer in hot drinks after just one ride.
I have Raynaud's syndrome in which your fingers and toes freeze easily and I found that the hot drinks helped. Never stopped me from riding in winter, but it's a real challenge.

Dean

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com