Shop4Cross WARNING !

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stormur

by stormur

I bought frameset ( X-RIDE ) from them few days ago : frame came damaged ( paintwork on headtube ) , with fork from other bike ( huge logo "X_FIRE" on it . Not original packaging, no bill inside package. Missing small parts.

I informed Shop4cross about retuen demand, and DPD picked-up package next day.

And here starts story - Shop4Cross won't return money back :( - Karsten "suggest" that it has been made Quote" transfers take 2-3 days" - but asked DID he sent money back(?) - SILENCE….

I asked for screen shot or other refund confirmation ( or I wll take further steps ) - answer " do what you want "

WTF was that ???!!!

So, I consider my money as stolen , will inform my and his local Police and my bank as well .

So be VERY CAREFULL with Shop4Cross : you can receive not exactly what you paid for, and in case of return, they can take item, but not nessecary make return payment.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

bura

by bura

If you have paid via PayPal just file a claim through them.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

bank transfer :( I do not have paypal.
Mark Twain

rijndael

by rijndael

Maybe things are different in Finland, but in my area anyone asking for a bank transfer (or Western Union) is probably a criminal.

PSM

by PSM

Hmmm...

I bought a Ridley frame from them 3 yrs ago. They were very cooperative and serious to deal with.

stormur

by stormur

With me too - until troubles .

When they take your money - all changes . I can't believe arogance of "Karsten" … And how dumb he has to be to believe that I A. accept damaged and incomplete frameset B. I will accept no money return C.. I will not inform Ridley, Bank, and all forums I know and I will know wiithin week ;) about my experience ?

SEPA transfer is OK ( within EU ) - you can always claim and recover money relatively easy.

WU and transfer to Africa… well, that's different story :mrgreen:

Just received email from Ridley, that s4cross transferred money back…. we'll see tomorrow if that's truth.

Anyway- I won't buy from guy never ever even single clamp . And will recommend to anyone same.
Mark Twain

Sam

by Sam

Kind of same thing happened to me. Bought a X-Ride frameset, was sent the wrong size, sent it back, and then Karsten sent me the correct frame size but wrote my address incorrectly. The lead time went from a week to about three. Found out about the address through the shipping company in question.

And yeah, he never, never ever (EVER!) answered my calls.

Unfortunately, In all frustration, I was kind of rude to him calling him an idiot in an email. I regret that.

Hope it works out.

stormur

by stormur

Money returned :) I believe after Ridley "request" …

I was rude to him as well. And I don't regret it. He's service is crap, guy is arrogant in situation when he shouldn't be : he caused problem sending crap stuff, he "forgot" to return money…. He deserved it. And he's an idiot. He had to make € return sooner or later. More time it takes , more negative advert he gets… What for ?

Good service you can recognize WHEN problem arrives, not when all went fine. And he FAILED miserably ...

I won't spend there even 0.01€ . Ever.
Mark Twain

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Great outcome. Glad you put the heat on the guy. The worst thing we can do as consumers is not to name and shame the criminals. In eCommerce it is only the chatter on the net that supports the good businesses and puts the crooks out of business. And lets not mince words, Karsten at Shop4Cross was wilfully attempting to defraud the OP of his money.

And you are right, the measure of this guy Karsten (and others like him) is not when things go how they would like them to, but rather how they behave when dealing with a problem.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Glad to hear you got your money back. Thats why I always use paypal if ordering from new website, can't trust everyone.

stormur

by stormur

The reason I don't use PayPal is …. I don't trust PayPal. Had big issue years ago to recover my money from them… I don't like expensive services which think they have more rights than they really do… and asking questions which they can't ask… . Just feel strange when have to prove that I'm "not elephant" …at my cost.

Way faster and easier is to recover money transferred via SEPA payment ( EEA & € zone only ) .

Stores often start to avoid credit card payments due to high comissions . Bought some stuff from other German store- payed via transfer as well, package arrived 4 days later brand new as described ( NOS component ) , no issues with them at all.

Shop4cross isn't "fresh" on the market. They have kind of "history", so I wasn't suspicious… Mistake .

Good thing is, that few stores have my country of residence local bank accounts : transfer take 1 day, and recovery is more than easy.
Mark Twain

masa

by masa

Just horrible service. I made an order. They took the money and finally they just told that the bike is not available!

Luckily I got my money back

jerrybrabus

by jerrybrabus

Bought a fork from Shop4Cross last yesr and the same problem, was damaged :(

pete2528ca

by pete2528ca

I just ordered a Guerciotti Antares, not a weight weenie by any stretch, but a good solid cross bike. Karsten was great through the order process and never had an issue with my one million questions. Frame arrived yesterday and there was a dent on the edge of the upper head tube that protruded into the cup (cup was not deformed). I resolved the issue by gently hammering it out and filing it flush. The only issue is a tiny nick on the outside at the very top that is hidden by the headset more or less.

I informed Karsten and he made good right away.

P

stormur

by stormur

Another proof to avoid this shop like a disease...
Mark Twain

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com