Garmin Edge 810 software version 3.23 Beta

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Change History
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.23:

-New feature! Added Segment support.
-To use segments, go to connect.garmin.com to find or create segments. Then, connect the device to your computer via USB cable and send the segments to your device. Once your segments have been downloaded to the device, disconnect from your computer. Then press the folder icon > Segments to access the list of segments on your device. After sending segments to your device, simply go ride through them to test the on device experience!
-New feature! Added Edge Remote sensor support.
-New feature! Added Shimano Di2 sensor support.
-Improvements to the elevation profile to fit the data to the graph and display upcoming elevation while riding a course or segment.
-Added a stop button on the map page. This button is used to stop a currently running course or segment and is only displayed if one of those features is in use.
-Added turn guidance and off course warnings settings for courses. These can be accessed through the menu button in the bottom right corner of the course list page. (Folder icon > Courses > Menu Button)

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... sp?id=7573
See all my bike h e r e

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cuki

by Cuki

I'm running mechanical DA but will try it out today on my 810 for a 100+ ride. Cheers for the heads up, Tillquist.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Nice! Now, I wish they would add the text message notification.

kode54

by kode54

if they added txt notification, no one would buy the Edge 1000. i have a 800 and was planning on going 1000...maybe i should just get an 810.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I've seen the 1000, and it is massive! The only way I would consider it is for the landscape feature, when/if that is ever rolled out.

Also, I think the text msg feature is a relatively small thing. I think the Segments feature is much bigger, and they've already shown it to be backwards compatible with the 810.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I have the 1000, and the display is so much better than the 800. I don't mind the size, its much thinner and more streamlined than the 800.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

kode54 wrote:if they added txt notification, no one would buy the Edge 1000. i have a 800 and was planning on going 1000...maybe i should just get an 810.

Garmin Edge 810 can not get text notification because it does not have Bluetooth 4.0
See all my bike h e r e

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Seems odd, since it can get weather notifications from the Garmin Connect app through the Bluetooth connection.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Beta 3.24 has been released to fix some issues with connectivity introduced in 3.23

tomtom

by tomtom

Unfortunately it doesn't upload correctly with my iPhone 6......:(! 3.24 does NOT help!
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

grouk

by grouk

I know it is not the right topic but but some of you know how to upload to garmin the virtual partner of a segment from strava now that raceshape is close??

auspete

by auspete

I will assume you have an 810
I used to use the raceshape site as well.
I have now switched to using segments. These can be used with the lastest beta firmware 3.24
You can download the segments here http://www.gniza.org/segments/#/
You can download a few efforts from the same segment and select which one you want to use.
They will start automatically.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

WheresWaldo wrote:Beta 3.24 has been released to fix some issues with connectivity introduced in 3.23

Looks like my policy of giving any new update a fortnight before considering updating to it has been again vindicated.

addictR1

by addictR1

wow.. glad i found this. currently running on FW 3.0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I currently own an 800, had it since release and it has been working great. Now have a Di2 bike, debating whether to sell my perfectly working 800 and get an 810 running 3.24 Beta or maybe look at the Magellan/Mio 505. With my current 800 I also use 24K Topo maps, with the 505 there is no option to swap maps, with the 810 I can retain that feature.

What I would love to know is how have most of you gotten along with your 810? If you could do it all over would you choose the 810 again?

I am not interested in the 1000, might as well strap my mobile phone to the bars instead.