2015 and still no Canyon bikes in the States!!!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

highpowernut

by highpowernut

Would be nice to try one out, if they ever get here. I won't travel to purchase though.
Using Tapatalk

micky

by micky

LouisN wrote:Why are they at Interbike 2014 then ... :noidea: ?

Louis :)

Were they at interbike??
Very funny; it seems they are seriously interested in the US market but cannot make it happen yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

The US market is not friendly to direct sales companies because they still think that the LBS is this high quality cycling paradise that is the only place you should shop. Its a sad, sad bit of the old days that people cling to as they do not understand that the internet has made it easy enough to do a few searches and know just as much if not more than the average shop employee. Don't get me wrong, a good LBS is awesome and something I support when I find one, but in the past 6 places I have lived I have found 2 that were what I would consider high enough in knowledge, quality, and service, to actually frequent.

Take Power2Max for example. Great product, but almost impossible to get certain people to ride because, as Caley Fretz put it to me "they don't support the LBS in NA". People will argue this point to death in order to avoid the fact that they can get better service and better quality by ordering a P2M direct than buying almost anything through a shop. I suspect Canyon is the same way. Shops are screwed when they charge more money for a frame than Canyon does for a complete bike when the quality of the two is likely on par (or even tilted in Canyon's favor).
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

AGW

by AGW

The American LBS has also transformed from the glorified brick and mortar cycling haberdashery (which I don't think ever truly existed, you just settled for what you got back before the internet) to factory stores for a handful of manufacturers. Specialized tries to strong-arm their dealers out of carrying competitors' products altogether. So when you do find a shop that bucks the trend and carries the odd Look or Cinelli, they're viewed as boutique. Heck, even Fairwheel's storefront is nothing but Trek and Specialized. You have to go to their non-decript warehouse to get the WW goods.

It's a market that's managed to close itself off fairly well from the influence of the internet and a global market because manufacturers, distributors and dealers all conspire to keep one another in business.

russianbear

by russianbear

According to the website, they still ship to Mexico. Take a vacation, order to the hotel ;).

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

They do ship to Mexico.......but, can you actually trust the Mexican customs?

highpowernut

by highpowernut

Hopefully you would make it back from Mexico .
Using Tapatalk

jimborello

by jimborello

They ship Canyon bikes to Mexico, we have to pay like 20% in custom duties but we save 19% of VAT when it is shipped outside the European union. By the end of the year I will be ordering a Speedmax.

If you live close to the Mexican border you can have the bike shipped there and then you can pick it up.

AGW

by AGW

^Hmmm

Omiar

by Omiar

Can't you arrange your own courier when ordering from Canyon?
I do it regularly within EU when I can get better shipping prices than the seller.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

53x12

by 53x12

Coming soon.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Good luck on this one....

I live in Germany and have my 2nd Canyon bike on order (first one took so long I cancelled) its expected to be delivered in 2016....
I recently visited their showroom to look at the 2016 bikes and well they did not have any for display.

So yes prices are good and bikes are cool but its even hard to get them out here.

Rondje

by Rondje

Like duvivr6 says. They can't even keep up with the orders here in Europe. If they would add other continents the waiting lines would be over half a year.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

For the first time, they are taking the idea of US sales seriously. Good timing with the USD doing better versus the euro.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

In many cases, realistic waiting times are already over half a year.
Make that over a year and you are probably closer when adding other continents / markets.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com