Rapha sizing problems

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

rbynck

by rbynck

Hi guys! I just noticed the new clearance sale on Rapha's website and i have decided that those money will be given well out! (or atleast i hope haha).
The problem however is that i am not sure of the sizing of Rapha's products. I am 5'6-5'7 and weigh 127-128 lbs with a 31-33" chest.
The products i have been looking at are only available in size XS, would be the right fit or is it too small/snug? I like them race-fit, but not Team Sky fit haha.
All help will be appreciated!
Thanks!

sychen

by sychen

Same height as you but 68kg /85cm chest... Small bibs and medium jersey.

Small jersey way tight for me... Might be right for you....not sure about Xs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

Metric please.

rbynck

by rbynck

Sure. 172-173 cm in height, around 55-60 kg, right now 58 kg and a ~81 cm chest.

Cuki

by Cuki

My weight is 56kg (125lbs), my height is 173cm (5'8"), my chest is 86cm (34").
The XS is the most perfect fit I have ever experienced with cycle clothing. Bibs, jerseys, jackets, base layers. I do prefer a nice tight fit.
A word or warning, the Pro Team line (my preferred fit), is tighter than the classic lines. This years lightweight jersey was also quite tight too.
Jackets always seem too small when you stand up in them, but of course they are not designed for standing up, but for sitting down on a bike.

What garments are you interested in, rbynck?

sychen

by sychen

Oops correction... Chest is 95cm. Waist 85cm.
Also as a reference my Handlebar width is 44cm..so not that tall but wide across the shoulders.

rbynck

by rbynck

Cuki wrote:My weight is 56kg (125lbs), my height is 173cm (5'8"), my chest is 86cm (34").
The XS is the most perfect fit I have ever experienced with cycle clothing. Bibs, jerseys, jackets, base layers. I do prefer a nice tight fit.
A word or warning, the Pro Team line (my preferred fit), is tighter than the classic lines. This years lightweight jersey was also quite tight too.
Jackets always seem too small when you stand up in them, but of course they are not designed for standing up, but for sitting down on a bike.

What garments are you interested in, rbynck?

That is really nice to hear! I've only been looking at the clearance as money is quite limited (18 years old...damn). I like the Lightweight, Team Sky and the Super Lightweight jersey, but i think the super lightweight won't be needed as I live in Denmark. How does the lightweight fit on you vs. the pro team?

kode54

by kode54

pro team is race fit and tightest fitting
super lightweight jerseys are tight fitting, but looser than pro team
lightweight jerseys are next loose fitting than super LW
classic and merino jerseys are relax fit...loose fitting than all

this is based on all Medium sizes which i have.

XS would seem pretty small...but have not tried anything on smaller than small. i can fit classic small, but not super lightweight small. hope that helps.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Cuki

by Cuki

The problem you'll have is that once you wear the Pro Team nothing else will feel as good. It really is worth the extra money. I've never worn any Sky or replica jerseys. I have a couple of classic jerseys, a lightweight and super lightweight. All in XS. The lightweight was a little bigger than the super lightweight and Pro Team.
If you are 18 years old, you can go tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbynck

by rbynck

kode54 wrote:pro team is race fit and tightest fitting
super lightweight jerseys are tight fitting, but looser than pro team
lightweight jerseys are next loose fitting than super LW
classic and merino jerseys are relax fit...loose fitting than all

this is based on all Medium sizes which i have.

XS would seem pretty small...but have not tried anything on smaller than small. i can fit classic small, but not super lightweight small. hope that helps.

So if i go for the Team Sky Pro Jersey it would fit "smaller" than the Lightweight? Hope i got it right.
By the way, is it possible that you could post your measures? Chest, height and weight?
And thanks!!

milkbaby

by milkbaby

I'm 66 inches/168 cm tall, weigh about 138 pounds/62.5 kg, and guessing my chest is about 34 inches/86 cm. I picked up a bunch of jerseys from the summer sale and here's what I found for me:

Pro Team jersey: Small is a snug/aero fit for me, exactly what I like. If you have any fat it will give you the sausage look, LOL. Length is just about right but I have long legs, short torso for my height, so others may find it a little short. Laid flat it measures about 17 inches from armpit to armpit, 18 inches bottom of front collar to bottom front hem, about 21 inches in the back.

Lightweight and Super Lightweight jerseys: Small in both are similar fit. These are not quite as snug as the Pro Team but still very close to the skin, probably as tight as the average cyclist may prefer. They may not feel as snug mostly because of the type of material used maybe? The main difference is the length, they are a little longer in the body than the Pro Team size.

Club and Brevet jerseys: I have Extra Small in these as the colors I wanted were no longer available in small. These are tight fit on me, almost as snug as the small Pro Team, understandable since I basically went down a size in these. Not a problem for me how snug they are. Only problem areas for me are the sleeves are a little short and ride up on the bike, and the top of the pockets are a little high on my back making it a little tougher to deal with while riding. If I had the choice I'd probably choose small next time for the classic/club style jerseys. They would be looser but that's probably appropriate for the style.

rbynck

by rbynck

Thanks for all the help guys! It is really appreciated!
I have now ordered a size XS Team Sky Pro, which i believe is the Pro Team model, and I hope for the best!
And if it does not fit well, then I hope returning it will be easy :)
Once again thanks a LOT!

thegunner

by thegunner

i'm 5'7 and 64 kg, small pro team jersey was loose around the waist for me, XS should be good :)

PSM

by PSM

I am 183/75. I have L in my jerseys ant the Hi Vis Gilet.

kode54

by kode54

rbynck wrote:Thanks for all the help guys! It is really appreciated!
I have now ordered a size XS Team Sky Pro, which i believe is the Pro Team model, and I hope for the best!
And if it does not fit well, then I hope returning it will be easy :)
Once again thanks a LOT!

sorry i didn't reply back right away, but it seems as though you got the answers you were looking for. i don't own any team sky pro jerseys, but based on what i see on the website, it says the materials are the same, although looking at the close ups...the cut is definitely not the same, like the neck front and the rear pockets and the sleeves. regardless, any Team Pro stuff is top notch, you can't go wrong, especially at the sale prices.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com