Cheap bucket lid for TT beneficial?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Do people think a (cheap) bucket style helmet would be beneficial over a regular road helmet for a long-ish TT? I'll be riding with the head down pretty much all of the time, so my regular Kask K10 is not in the intended position at all.

Something like this?

PS: No I don't mind it looking out of place, that's part of the fun. Will not be a hot day either. It's only like 15 quid on sale, and I would keep it for commuting/errands.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Why not just tape your regular helmet vents unless you want to be that guy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Edit: Found that there's a thread already, there you go viewtopic.php?f=3&t=106811
Mods feel free to merge/delete this one.

My concern is not so much about the vents, but how helmet is facing the wind when the head is tucked. The rather pronounced spoiler in the rear catches a lot of air that could just go straight over your neck and back in a low position.

About being "that guy", well, it is a fun event (as are all my "races") to slug it out with my mates. Of course there's always a few heros and the occasional pro setting scary times, but that doesn't detract from the fun part.