Giro Synthe

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

Crashed last week and need a new helmet. Had an Aeon and was wondering if anybody has tried the new Synthe....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deek

by deek

It's not out yet. Giro's website says Fall 2014, but when they did the press camp for it they said December 2014.

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

I just realized the fall but December seems way too off... :cry:

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

Honestly speaking the factors how I'm choosing helmet are:

1) Design
2) Design
3) Colors
4) Weight

The new Synthe seems to be more cool, aero and lighter than Aeon, but the design is just plain wrong. Nothing really beats the old Aeon. I cannot understand how they manage to produce something that ugly. You can try as well Bontrager Velocis - simple, nice looking helmet and really light as well...

uraqt

by uraqt

I am not so sure about it being cooler.... Giro said the Atmos was cooler than the Pneumo and I am sure that at the speed I ride it isn't... In fact I would argue that the Pneumo is a "better" helmet then the Atmos...

My real point is that all the helmet manufactures play fast and loose with "cooler" so I don't trust them with most anything they say... Giro was very vague about it how cool the Synthe and Air Attach are....

C

PS... Internet idea... create a web site that does independent "venting/cooling" test for Bike helmets.

PSS..

1. Safety
1.1 Venting/Cooling
1.2 Weight

PSSS...

Something is messed up when you re-release a helmet that you 1st made in 1999 ( And I think Giro makes the "best" helmets)

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

I ended up picking up a Giro air attack matte black for 130. I am not so worried about the airflow as much since my average speed is about 18-20. I was more worried about fit since my aeon fit like a glove but was still retail prices in most places. I am interested to see what all the hype is about. Also any helmet looks goofy on my small head....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com