Garmin 510 Bugs

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

Well, mine works perfectly, except for the barometer. Drives me insane. I can be riding on relatively flat ground, and it it'll be showing anywhere from -3% to +6%! Climbing is even worse!! Maybe I should try a Joule and see how I like it?

djwalker

by djwalker

When my barometer failed you could be stationary and look at the displayed elevation. The elevation would drift up and down by 100's of feet over a few minutes while not ever moving. To get it replaced I called Garmin and complained. I read the support guy the readings over the phone for a few minutes and then he send a replacement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

Thanks djwalker. I'll get the ball rolling with Garmin, and see what they can do for me.

jackie

by jackie

mine is having some weird number on my speed
at some point it goes up to 197km/h..
i try resetting it. but it didnt work..
anyone encounter this issue?

KWalker

by KWalker

My Garmin has had a million bugs. The latest is that when I press the lap button the screen freezes for 10 seconds- all metrics. In order to get it to display I have to double tap the screen so that I can see the whole thing. Has anyone else had this happen?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

... and it is not just cycling GPS units, I also geocache and several of my units (Oregon and Colorado) have had the same issues. When they do the update to a new rev. they may or may not fix the problem. One the new rev. comes out there are normally different issues. It is clear that they beta test everything on the consumer. Sometimes I just forget my garmin products and ride...
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

DuncanS

by DuncanS

Kwalker, if you want a laugh, try programming and running a workout for a Tabata set.

TomHelly

by TomHelly

It's amazing how many different little issues there seem to be that befall many of Garmin's products..

My 510 was good for 10 months then just decided it didn't want to record distance... So the timer counted up, it showed power/speed/cadence etc. but would stop recording distance after <10m. This was with auto-pause on too. So strange! Garmin replaced under warranty.

asv

by asv

I bought a 510 at launch and quickly ran into a ton of issues, but I especially hated the screen which had awful visibility in sun glare. I just ended up going back to the 500, which is sadly still the best Garmin if you don't need turn by turn on a ride.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Knock on wood, no issues with my 510. Been going strong since the day I bought it 18 months ago. Zero issues.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Mine just locked up. Calling Garmin shortly.