Canyon bikes on eBay...dodgy??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Valbrona wrote:Often the quality of the English in the listing is not that good, as if written by someone whose mother-tongue is not English, like an Asian.

LOL. I don't even know where to begin with this.

Anyway, yeah, my mate who lives in Sheffield checked this out, and told me to avoid.

Lewis

by Lewis

TheDarkInstall wrote:
Valbrona wrote:Often the quality of the English in the listing is not that good, as if written by someone whose mother-tongue is not English, like an Asian.

LOL. I don't even know where to begin with this.

Anyway, yeah, my mate who lives in Sheffield checked this out, and told me to avoid.

Interesting...so what was the score then?? Where the hell do they get them from? If I was canyon I'd want to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Nicked

scog

by scog

I know it's been a while since this thread was active, but just to update anyone else who purchased one of these 'dodgy' Canyon bikes: I had a chat with the seller in March, and I decided it was not stolen, but that he had access to slightly damaged seconds, or surplus stock from Canyon. I picked up my bike which looked perfect, and have been extremely happy with it since March... Until 2 days ago when the police called. A big batch were apparently stolen from Germany, and one was sold to me. They are picking it up tomorrow. Gutted! I lost my best bike, and doubt I will get anything in return. Huge amount of cash lost. Be careful people.

micky

by micky

Damn.....

pashax

by pashax

There is always free cheese in a mousetrap. :(
"If you brake, you do not win". MC

Jmdesignz2

by Jmdesignz2

Or the original seller masquerading as police telling a story to get the bikes back for double profit?

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Jmdesignz2 wrote:Or the original seller masquerading as police telling a story to get the bikes back for double profit?

Based on the stories I keep reading about cutbacks to the police and their services, I'm surprised they would put this much effort into chasing stolen bikes. Perhaps get good ID and check with a call to the station?
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

bici1977
in the industry

by bici1977

scog wrote:I know it's been a while since this thread was active, but just to update anyone else who purchased one of these 'dodgy' Canyon bikes: I had a chat with the seller in March, and I decided it was not stolen, but that he had access to slightly damaged seconds, or surplus stock from Canyon. I picked up my bike which looked perfect, and have been extremely happy with it since March... Until 2 days ago when the police called. A big batch were apparently stolen from Germany, and one was sold to me. They are picking it up tomorrow. Gutted! I lost my best bike, and doubt I will get anything in return. Huge amount of cash lost. Be careful people.

I work for Canyon and if anyone comes across such offers, there is a 100% chance that something is dodgy with it, as everything surplus is only sold via the website in the Outlet section. Best advice: hands off and contact the authorities.

:!:

duvivr6

by duvivr6

scog wrote:I know it's been a while since this thread was active, but just to update anyone else who purchased one of these 'dodgy' Canyon bikes: I had a chat with the seller in March, and I decided it was not stolen, but that he had access to slightly damaged seconds, or surplus stock from Canyon. I picked up my bike which looked perfect, and have been extremely happy with it since March... Until 2 days ago when the police called. A big batch were apparently stolen from Germany, and one was sold to me. They are picking it up tomorrow. Gutted! I lost my best bike, and doubt I will get anything in return. Huge amount of cash lost. Be careful people.

Just curious on how the police even found you and your phone number?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

If they'd caught the seller they'd have the phone records?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk