Putting grippers on a jersey

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

My team was sponsored by Castelli the past two years. After losing weight both my climber's jerseys and team jerseys have a weird problem where the elastic on the waist ends up riding up above my hips and it bunches up a ton. I was wondering if anyone had any experience putting some sort of grippers on their jerseys and/or bibs and could recommend something that might help hold it in place. Unfortunately a small is too short although it fits much better otherwise.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Full zip or 3/4 zip?

Razor

by Razor

I would just go to a seamstress, have them remove 2" of material (at the bottom side) from each side of the jersey, re-attach. That will make it fit snugger. You can also buy gripper material from swimsuit or sewing supply companies.

KWalker

by KWalker

Full zip jerseys.

I'd rather not have to pay a seamstress for this as I got the jerseys for cheaper than the mods cost and its certain that I will be on a different team next year.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Maybe Velcro?

woz9683

by woz9683

How about aquaseal or silnet? I've got some silnet laying around, I might try it out on one of my jerseys that does the same thing. My only concern would be how it would hold up to multiple washings?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com