PBK duty charges to US.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Rob1519

by Rob1519

nathanong87 wrote:so this is confirmed that all orders to the USA will have a duty fee? i was about to fire on some gp4000s 2s, but now i might just amazon those joints.

It depends on the shipping method you select. If tracked, ACP will be involved and you will be charged duty/handling. It's not so much the the duty charge as the ACP fee thats expensive. If you select free shipping on the PBK site (and PBK honors your choice), the shipment will go Royal Mail/USPS with no duty or ACP handling charge.....this has been my experience to date.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bombertodd

by bombertodd

A little off topic but what is it taking these days to ship from Europe to the California? My Wiggle order is taking longer than I expected.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I ordered some shifters from wiggle on jan 22. Its feb 14 and still haven,t received it and wiggle won't open an investigation until feb 20. I don,t think i will ever get these shifters delivered to me. I will look local.

aeae

savechief

by savechief

Never tried Wiggle, but have recently received orders from Evans Cycles and Merlin Cycles to California in 3 days.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

bombertodd

by bombertodd

mike wrote:I ordered some shifters from wiggle on jan 22. Its feb 14 and still haven,t received it and wiggle won't open an investigation until feb 20. I don,t think i will ever get these shifters delivered to me. I will look local.

aeae

Thanks mike. My "order has been confirmed and sent out" on Jan 22 also. Still haven't seen the package. I really hope it shows up since I got a killer deal on a hard to find item.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

yea for gp4000sII i just went eBay. this foreign shipping noise is not appealing

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Im in Ontario Canada and my orders from Wiggle normally take 3 weeks with free delivery and Ribble usually take at least 3 and normally about 4 weeks with free delivery. Most of the time it gets through the border without the handling and shipping and taxes and whatever else they can dream up to charge me with. But for the most part I get supplies from the UK with less fees than I do with the US. For the US I will cross the border and pickup from SCC. Way less fees doing it that way. I used PBK recently and was charged a fee on my PayPal $1.38 or something like that which never happens when I use Ribble and Wiggle. I purchased pedal set and it came through no charges but my wife decided to purchase the same pedal set and was charged fees at the border. Luck of the draw I guess.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Rick wrote:
djm wrote:Are people mostly pissed about the handling fees or actually having to pay duties/tax? :-)

Uhhhh......both.

The handling fees and taxes I have no problem with but when they add the brokerage fees to some of the parcels it gets crazy expensive. Sometimes the brokerage fees are nearly as much as the parcels. Thats why I have SCC to handle my US parcels.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

5DII

by 5DII

Sometimes orders can take a few weeks to arrive, I wouldnt stop ordering from certain sites because of that. I think its because sometimse the package sits in customs for a while. My orders from wiggle, ribble, and merlin usually takes 1 week but occasionally have taken 4 weeks. Never had extra fees from them.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I got my order from Wiggle today (shipped Jan 22 and arrived Feb 21 in California). Box was beat up but the contents seem fine.
Last edited by bombertodd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Not me, supposedly shipped 1/23 and still not arrived. And i live on east coast.hi

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

With the free shipping, Wiggle has taken anywhere from a week door to door and up to three weeks.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Buy from our sponsor starbike. Superior service, quick delivery. And fair prices.

brownish

by brownish

I ordered what amounted to a 9070 gearset and a few other items for my build from Ribble a few weekends ago when they were having a 10% off sale. Ordered on a Sunday, they shipped on Thursday and were delivered via USPS to Wisconsin the following Tuesday.

No customs fees were due on delivery. I actually placed three separate orders to keep the value of each shipment a little lower and to put on three different credit cards. With free shipping to the US it wasn't a problem. Packaging could have been a bit more robust but noting was damaged.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dunbar42

by dunbar42

Ordered some 2015 Zipp 404 FC's from PBK. Here's what I had to pay. Still 25% off retail price including duty is a pretty good deal.

Product: BICYCLE WHEELS
Shipper: THE HUT GROUP
Declared Value: $1899.35
Your tracking number is (removed)

You are required to pay the following United States Customs Duty and related fees in order to clear customs and have your parcel shipped to you:

Customs Duty: $101.55
Advancement Fee: $6.50
Handling Fee: $15.00
TOTAL: $123.05