Giro Inciter shoe?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Edit: Never mind, found a Giro Trans at a really decent price.

I've been riding simple 3-velcro DMT shoes, and looking for something new this season. The Giro offerings have very appealing plain white / white-black looks, so that's what I'll hopefully end up with (hoping they fit). Unfortunately there's no shop stocking Giro near, so I have to go the ways of online purchase.

It's probably going to be between the Inciter (Tri shoe) and the Treble. Is there any reason why a Tri shoe wouldn't be good for a road cyclist (liking the looks over the all-white Treble). I never have the need to pull my shoes very tight, not even in races. The heel loop would have to come off, of course :mrgreen:

PS: the Prolight is out of my reach, and all the ones in between have the ratchet (or lacing).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

Tri shoes work fine, you are after all still riding a bike. However many of them are designed to slip on while riding without socks in Kona-like conditions, so some look a bit over-ventilated and cold if you tend to ride in the cold / rain, but might be nice in the summer. I'd also look at the Giro Empire if you don't like ratchet shoes.