Giro Inciter shoe?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Edit: Never mind, found a Giro Trans at a really decent price.

I've been riding simple 3-velcro DMT shoes, and looking for something new this season. The Giro offerings have very appealing plain white / white-black looks, so that's what I'll hopefully end up with (hoping they fit). Unfortunately there's no shop stocking Giro near, so I have to go the ways of online purchase.

It's probably going to be between the Inciter (Tri shoe) and the Treble. Is there any reason why a Tri shoe wouldn't be good for a road cyclist (liking the looks over the all-white Treble). I never have the need to pull my shoes very tight, not even in races. The heel loop would have to come off, of course :mrgreen:

PS: the Prolight is out of my reach, and all the ones in between have the ratchet (or lacing).

mrfish

by mrfish

Tri shoes work fine, you are after all still riding a bike. However many of them are designed to slip on while riding without socks in Kona-like conditions, so some look a bit over-ventilated and cold if you tend to ride in the cold / rain, but might be nice in the summer. I'd also look at the Giro Empire if you don't like ratchet shoes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com