Cyprus cycling (Pissouri Region)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

toride

by toride

Its booked, a two week stay in Pissouri, southern Cyprus and yes my road bike is coming along to keep me sane, so I guess I'm after anyone out there with any experience in this area.
Anything to avoid and any must rides/visits would be good to hear of.

cheers WW :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scotty

by scotty

I was there about 7 or 8 years ago. We had a guide, ex - pro Tomas Wegmuller. Check out Bike - cyprus.ch.
Plenty of climbing from what I remember.

kaaos

by kaaos

I lived there for 6 years but at that time I was riding motorbike so I am not sure how bike friendly or safe are the roads...

For climbing you will need to head to Troodos mountain or Paphos Forest.
Riding along the coast is mostly flat (rolling hills)... west to Paphos and east to Limassol and Larnaca.
Some great riding is from Paphos to Polis and it will be a very nice climbing ride if I remember well...

Make sure you explore all the small roads and stay away from big freeways especially E6 (to Paphos) and E1 (to Larnaca).
Stop often and eat at smallest crappiest looking places and you are in for a big surprise. Food there is delicious... Cyprus is a birthplace of Halloumi cheese and Aphrodite btw.

One thing for sure... you will have amazing weather there.
Cyprus has 11 months out of the year sunny days.

Man, I miss that place

toride

by toride

Thanks guys thats what I was after.
Cheers