Raised seat => saddle sore

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kode54

by kode54

jekyll man wrote:From what I've seen which isn't exactly a scientific study, Retul normally results in saddles going up by about 30mm and causing problems.

this is true...when i got fitted on a Retul, my seat shot up about an inch or 30mm like you said. i didn't care for it. i dropped it back at least 20mm. did not like the Retul much. thinking about getting a fit on the Guru system.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

jekyll man wrote:From what I've seen which isn't exactly a scientific study, Retul normally results in saddles going up by about 30mm and causing problems.

oops. duplicate post.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jockster

by jockster

Use your phone on a stand behind you when riding the trainer to record yourself and verify whether or not your hips are rocking. There are apps for this made to help you "draw angles" on top of your videos which can be of great help.

A cheap goniometer from ebay is also great to verify the seat height by measuring knee extension angle at bottom of the pedal stroke stroke. 30-35 degrees is often considered what you should aim for - http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/08/ ... als_297968

CBJ

by CBJ

I have to say I had gotten used to a very low seat position coming from Down Hill mountain biking and general freeride pre dropper post and there was no doubt I was sitting too low.

I will have my normal riding partner check for hip movement he is used to seeing me ride. It feels like its more the longer extension of the leg that has given a different wear. The last couple of ride it has been better and I have gotten home without any problems but I have also used chamios buttr to prevent it.