Give Her The Chair

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Stefano

by Stefano

I saw this too, it's unbelievable how little she got punished. Part that gets me is that the only people who seem to think her attitude is wrong is other cyclists... man if she hit someone's grandma or ran over a family pet, she'd have hell to pay, but cyclists? Nah, they're not real people :doh:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

I visit some other special interest discussion boards, and I am regularly appalled at how much animosity the subject of cyclists causes.
Be careful out there. Some people really are almost "out to get you" with their belligerent attitude towards any cyclist that dares to use "their" roads.

mythical

by mythical

“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

CulBaire

by CulBaire

I'm not at all surprised this has travelled the globe to become world wide news; this is truly a subject that is too close to home for many Australian cyclists whom are seen by many motorists, including the police / justice system as second class citizens.

To give an example.

7 cyclists hit on Sydney motorway recently, driver claims he "black out", but managed to stop the car safely in the emergency lane is yet to be charged.

Cyclist in Brisbane hit from behind, ended up with a broken pelvis police charge driver with "failing to give way", and a $200 fine. On top of this at the time the police didn't even take a statement from the rider.

Unfortunately until there is a significant attitude adjustment / change of culture here things like this will continue to happen. The punishment certainly doesn't fit the crime and with magistrates handing out piss-weak penalties like this there will never be any hope for us!

xena
Banned

by xena

I tend to think most people are ok. Always a few idiots out there. We all do stupid things or make a mistake at some point.
I go out riding/training most days and I get the odd close call now and then.
I think in most cases drivers are tight and wound up trying to get somewhere in a hurry and are not really thinking straight.
It's only when they are made to pay for the actions of hurting someone that maybe things will get better.
That's goes for all who use the roads.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com