Which summer cap

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Going bald, often starting early in summer, and draft on the head causes me headaches. All signs of aging.

Been using regular cotton Castelli caps for a few years, but wondering if there's anything lighter for summer. The cotton ones do get soaked with sweat a bit. Candidates include
Castelli Performance (microfibre) http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-perfor ... cling-cap/
Rapha Superlight (polycotton, whatever that is)

Price is about same too. Any other thin light options?

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Yeah, Pace coolmax and vaportech (http://www.pacesportswear.com/TechnicalHeadwear.aspx).

Best of their classes IMO. I love their koolfit circular sweatband.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Thanks Guerdi, Pace seems to have a few nice ones indeed. There's no EU-based vendor, though? If it weren't for the shipping, the price is quite good as well.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Walzcaps makes caps in several materials

http://www.walzcaps.com/

I have one in "moisture wicking" and two in wool for Winter... the brim is a bit big though, I don't use them on the road bike but only when commuting.
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

Rob1519

by Rob1519

I use Headsweats shorty.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Alas no, there is no retailer in the EU.

It's true that shipping rates are high for such a small and light item, but even if it'd cost 50 dollars shipping I'd still order them. I've been wearing caps for years and I appreciate not having those ugly wrinkles on forehead after wearing one.

bura

by bura

Quote Any other thin light options?Unquote

Though Muslims and Jews have a thing running in the Middle East but like all religions they have a lot of things in common,too.
Do not want start a religious debate and am not kidding but WT how about some "taqiyah" or "kippah"?
If you have a Muslim or Jewish community around then you will find sellers of these head covers which equal to some helmet in liners especially in their bigger sizes.
Cheaper and lighter options.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Bura, I don't have any religion related feelings one way or another, but I'm pretty much set on the classic short-brimmed cycling cap.

bura

by bura

Starting to go bald in my age is the same "problem" I am dealing with.
Plus keep my head shaved rather than my legs.
Needless to say that I wear always some head cover i.E. caps or bandanas below the helmet which further keep the flies off my head.
Though killing much less insects with my Giro AA.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

kac

by kac

Halo makes a skullcap out of some sort of breathable but non-absorbent material that also has a sweat-drip blocking strip conveniently located in the front above your eyebrows. They're pretty cheap and can be found all over the internet (e.g., Amazon). They're also exceptionally durable. No visor, very "form fitting" but that shouldn't be a problem with no or little hair! Also, they're specifically designed to go under a helmet. There are doubtlessly other brands but this one works nicely!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com