You bike work stand

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bombertodd

by bombertodd

emorydptt wrote:I use a Feedback Sports Pro-Elite workstand.
details:
http://feedbacksports.com/shop/Pro-Elit ... P91C1.aspx

I really like it because it is not a clamp style for fear of damaging seat tubes. You push the clamp area closed around a tube and tighten with a knob. Then there is a quick release button. The stand is very versitile and well built.

I have the same one and I would recommend it. I had cheap stand before and after owning the Feedback Pro Elite I wish I would have messed around with DIY stand and another cheaper stand.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

carbon2329

by carbon2329

My thoughts exactly.
Also, I think the last thing you need in a stand is it to be light weight. It's not like you are carrying it on your ride.

When I am inside or outside washing my bike I want the stand to be solid and heavy enough to stay right where it is.
(the difference between 12 & 25 lbs means nothing unless you are fliying all over the country/world with it...I'm not :) , so I like them to be heavy enough)

gt5504b

by gt5504b

The Feedback Pro Elite is the best folding stand I have ever used and probably the most flexible. The Sprint Fork Mount one is also a great option, more for road bikes in my opinion. (I got annoyed with this style with muddy mountain and cx bikes, plus dealing with through axles. )

For something at home in the workshop, I'll never part with the simple and classic Park PRS-4W. Just can't beat that bolted on stability.

http://m.parktool.com/product/deluxe-wa ... d-prs-4w-1

eric

by eric

Park PRS-7 bench mount. It's bolted to an L-shaped chunk of steel which I chuck into the bench vice.