Reccomend me a saddle bag

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

shlammed

by shlammed

Looks like a nice case.

I don't need it to be a dashboard for me, and I would like something that I can carry my keys and some cash in too. Do you think this would have the thickness for a Note2 with a case on it, some cash and a key or two?

Getter

by Getter

shlammed wrote:I'm a bike noob. No jerseys for me (yet).

Today I did the unthinkable until I get a bag setup. Ziploc bag with phone in it with 3 zip ties holding it to the top tube.
I need a bag badly. (embarrassed)

Dude...thats awesome. :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shlammed

by shlammed

Definite weight weenie solution.

3 zip ties and a ziploc is probably like 10grams.

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

You could likely slip some bills and keys in with the phone, but it would be tight.

Your best bet is to go to the local shops, and try out the bags they have. Something will surely meet your needs.

velonista

by velonista

A couple years ago, I was in the market for 3 seat packs - for my different bikes - to store stuff for fixing flats. My favorite online bike store happened to have some on sale at that time. They also happened to cost more than I wanted to spend. Couple that with the fact that I don't like the look of the typical vertically-oriented seat pack, I also figured I don't really need 'em anyway. As long as I have back pockets on my jersey or jacket I could do without buying something I don't like the look of anyway. Right?

Then I remembered I had 4 or 5 of these never-used sunglass cases that I'd tossed aside over the last few years, just lying around collecting dust:

Brainstorm! 10 minutes later - with the help of a couple of cable ties to fasten one on to the rails underneath my fi'zi:k Aliante - I had a homemade, compact, stylish-looking saddle pack! It easily holds a tube, a CO2 inflator, 2 CO2 cartridges, 2 tire levers and a postage stamp-sized 6 pack of glueless patches. The best part about it? I didn't pay a penny for it! The second best part about it is I like the look of it better than those fugly-looking turd-shaped ones everybody else has.

One of the, thriftiest, most practical, most original ideas I've ever thunk up. Awesome! :thumbup:

shlammed

by shlammed

For what it's worth, I went to the local bike shop and picked up a medium sized Topeak bag. Fits what I need it to fit.

commendatore

by commendatore

Has anyone seen a plain black elan 210? I've only seen them with the carbon look, or plain fabric with bright colored piping, neither of which I like.

commendatore

by commendatore

commendatore wrote:Has anyone seen a plain black elan 210? I've only seen them with the carbon look, or plain fabric with bright colored piping, neither of which I like.

Finally found it here, but paypal only and its not working.
http://pro-store.it/en/home/bike-bags-e ... store.html

also available at wiggle, but out of stock.

iswmhamc891

by iswmhamc891

-
Last edited by iswmhamc891 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiphile

by audiphile

I've used the Phantom 230 for a few years now and seems to be the perfect size. Fits a tube, co2, a couple levers and ID/cash, but certainly no more. Only downside is that I have had one break on me due to rough roads. The plastic clip that attaches to the saddle snapped when going over a pretty rough section of road, but it had ~3 years of use at that point.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Arundel Dual.
Does not scuff the post, light at roughly 30 grams and holds: 2 CO2s and head, levers, glueless patch kit, one to two tubes, multitool.
Fits nicely up in between the saddle rails so it is less prone to flop around.
For the vain, you can get it with colored piping to match your beloved.