Full Zip Jerseys suck

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

donham1

by donham1

I feel like I am the only one who likes 3/4 zip jerseys. Am I crazy? All the manufacturers have gone to a Full Zip, which I find uncomfortable, as they bunch up quite a bit near the waist. Sure, I get it- Full Zip is great for some people on hot a** days, but even on 90+ days here, I never want to unzip all of the way. Also, if you unzip completely, all the stuff you have tucked in your jersy pockets continually flap in the wind. etc.

Thoughts, and does anyone know of a nice jersy that still comes in a 3/4?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

I like the full zips but I rarely unzip them all the way while riding because of the pocket thing you mention.

Voler makes 3/4 zip jerseys. I use Voler kit and like it a lot.

wojchiech

by wojchiech

I only like full zips because they're so much easier to take on & off. After long rides I'm sometimes so tired that it's hard to lift my arms over my head. :lol:

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Never heard this complaint.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yeah.....I'm full zip all the way

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ave

by ave

Biemme, for example.
I've one from them (what they gave to everybody at the Maratona dles Dolomites 2011) and it's my favourite.

http://usa.biemmeamerica.com/p/identity ... seys?pp=12

micky

by micky

On my first club they had the small 15cms zip and on the second year I insisted for the full zip on the new kits and they were wondering "why! I never feel like the need to open the zip all the way" but I kept insisting and probably they were so annoyed they agreed on that.
Finally after trying them they came back to me and said "hey, the full zip is great!".

I dont always have the need to open the zip all the way, but it's way more confortable for dressing/undressing, for example after a hot summer race when your jersey is way too wet. :mrgreen:

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Full zip makes it easier to put on and off, when you are in the porta getting your bib off for a "natural break".

When I offered 3/4 zip on my old jerseys that was the #1 complaint and I went to a full zip.

I like it much better, especially for on and off.
carbonLORD.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Grow a belly, that helps with the bunching :beerchug:

euan

by euan

3/4 zip often causes an uncomfortable crease at the bottom of the zip. Also if you have an aero jersey they are a nightmare to get positioned correctly on the arms and shoulders.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Yes, you are crazy. :P
Full. Zip. Only.
They just make sense on every occasion.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I've never had a full zip bunch up at the waist.

Years ago when I had a couple 3/4 zip jerseys it seemed like they bunch up more at the waist because there is more difficulty getting on (and off, for that matter) a 3/4...so they were usually more baggy.

The full zip I have been using for the past years have all been quite form-fitting because you can just pull the sides together with the zipper.

Just my experience.

Razor

by Razor

donham1 wrote:I feel like I am the only one who likes 3/4 zip jerseys. Am I crazy? All the manufacturers have gone to a Full Zip, which I find uncomfortable, as they bunch up quite a bit near the waist. Sure, I get it- Full Zip is great for some people on hot a** days, but even on 90+ days here, I never want to unzip all of the way. Also, if you unzip completely, all the stuff you have tucked in your jersy pockets continually flap in the wind. etc.

Thoughts, and does anyone know of a nice jersy that still comes in a 3/4?

Thanks!

The full zip benefits others have mentioned are very much valid, I prefer full zips for those same reasons. To address your comment about bunching up, often it is because the jersey is too long in the front. This happens also because the zipper does't follow the "lines" of the lower stomach very well because the zipper is thicker than the material around it.

emorydptt

by emorydptt

In Florida, full zip is a must. Also, for the bathroom reason. However, I have found myself wearing a mesh sleeveless base layer on the hot days and it actually keeps me cooler full unzipped then just the jersey. Cycling clothing has really become technical these days.
ciao.
be Khoi, be Khang!
-2014 Cipollini Bond EPS | 2017 enigma echo SR11 | 2011 Time RXR ULTeam SR11 | 2010 Colnago EPS SR11 | 2013 Colnago C59 SR-EPS | 2011 Colnago Prestige Di2 | 2013 Specialized Shiv TT SWorks SR11

limba

by limba

I like full zip.

Rapha make nice full and 3/4 zip jerseys.

http://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/jerseys/category/jerseys

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com