What WeightWeenies Feel After an Accident

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

right after the accident i had like a decade ago i delibrately harmed my bike to get the full compensation. otherwise the insurance company (i was hit by a car) would pay me for a broken fork and maybe add few bucks for service. as far as i loved that bike, i'd never ever trust the frame, bars, or even the wheels again after hitting the tarmac so hard...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

Money is money and there will always be ways to buy new parts but you only get one body. As much as I love riding with cool lightweight parts I wouldn't hesitate on a crash over a broken handlebar if I thought I would get worse bodily injured. The way I look at it gives me a reason to buy new so I never get that attached to what I have too long especially with all the cool products people buy on this board.... :mrgreen:

kode54

by kode54

a pile up crash (8 riders, only 3 ended up crashing together) took out my head tube on my Parlee Z5 SL.tore it right off. sent to Parlee for inspection, etc. and came back with not repairable. crash replacement was on the high side, so luckily, i found the same frame and size here on WW. i'm gluten for punishment getting the same bike, but hey, i love the way the Parlee Z5 rides and fits me. its the price i have to pay to stay with it. luckily, no one was injured...badly...and surprisingly, not many scrapes. speed was 28mph...so it could've been worse. my Enve cockpit and wheels had no damage whatsoever.

no regrets.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

My main concern was about the regret, if anyone who had accident regret that they have really expensive, light parts.

So far, no one mentioned this so I am a bit surprised :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I after all this stacked it 2 days ago getting caught in the rain on the way home on an off camber corner that was greasy.. I hit the ground still clipped In suffering serious cosmetic damage and the bike which un clipped after impact only suffered minor cosmetic damage. I do have full insurance though and any thing broken would have been replaced.
Very happy I'm waiting for now on the eps upgrade kit!!

eric

by eric

I'd regret my WW parts if they caused me to crash!

Otherwise no, unless its something that's not replaceable.
I'd be sad if my 2009 Cervelo R3SL was damaged because I like it and there aren't too many frames I'd want as a replacement.