Jersey Wallet

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

afalts

by afalts

FIJIGabe wrote:concealed carry license

Do you ever actually carry while riding?

I really wish I could throw one of my handguns in my camelbak while MTBing in some remote locations, but Canada has silly rules.

kode54

by kode54

FlemishCompact wrote:So I ended up ordering an ALOKSAK off ebay. It came as a 3 pack for around $7. It looks robust and is claimed to be waterproof. Thanks G60 for the recommendations.

the problem i've had with similar products like the Loksak is that the sealed corners are too sharp. ends up ruining a few jerseys. the plastic isn't soft enough...and i've also carefully rounded the sharp corners and that has helped. i ended up going back to the Ziplock freezer bags. i have an implies sealer...so i can modify the size of the freezer zip to fit around my needs (i.e., phone size, cash, etc.). because the relative cost and use of the freezer bags are inexpensive, i can toss it when it gets grimy or overused.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FlemishCompact

by FlemishCompact

Hmm. You make a fine point about the sharp edges. I'll be sure to pay special attention to that before putting it to use.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I remember there being an electronics bag similar to the jersey bin, but there was an adhesive slit that allowed the headphone cable to exit while maintaining the waterproof capabilities......my google-fu has failed me on this. Anyone know what I am talking about??

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

afalts wrote:
FIJIGabe wrote:concealed carry license

Do you ever actually carry while riding?

/quote]

Not on my road bike. However, since I have a license, I am supposed to carry it and present it if asked for my license, so I carry copies of both. Responsible gun ownership is important, and this is part of being responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Which political jurisdiction requires you to carry your concealed carry license when you are not carrying a (concealed) gun?

Ssalmon

by Ssalmon

http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FDITTY in the A size for cash ID and other sundries, and http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Research- ... TJ5GAJ6K6Y for my phone. I don't listen to music while riding, but I do while snowshoeing or skiing.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

HammerTime2 wrote:Which political jurisdiction requires you to carry your concealed carry license when you are not carrying a (concealed) gun?

does it matter? As a European i'm reading these things in awe, haven't the times of "the wild west" past? carrying a gun has more to do with an arms race then self protection. Please pinch my arm and remember what century we live in ;)
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

afalts

by afalts

No it would totally be about self protection, I have encountered bears, cougars etc while riding here in Canada. I consider myself fortunate the encounters haven't gone poorly. Many people that work around here can actually get a hand gun carry permit because of the potentially dangerous animals.

Seeing grizzly bears from a distance can be really cool, but change that to within 10 ft and you might change your mind.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Frankie - B wrote:
HammerTime2 wrote:Which political jurisdiction requires you to carry your concealed carry license when you are not carrying a (concealed) gun?

does it matter? As a European i'm reading these things in awe, haven't the times of "the wild west" past? carrying a gun has more to do with an arms race then self protection. Please pinch my arm and remember what century we live in ;)
O.k., I am guessing that FIJIGabe does not live in the Netherlands.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Been using the Rapha Essentials Case http://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/essentia ... duct/ECS01

Yes, steep price, but I'll have it forever, and it works perfectly. When I need to carry my phone in a waterproof, I have a freebie thick ziplock type bag from Cycling Plus.

MoPho

by MoPho

btompkins0112 wrote:http://www.cascadedesigns.com/e-case found it!

I have one of these e-Cases. Like it a lot so far. Keep my phone, id, CC, some cash and a key in it.
I work for myself and often go riding during business hours, so needed something that I can able to answer the phone or texts and give the appearance that I am actually "working" :P
I tried plastic bags but they would become trashed within a ride or two and I couldn't see the screen without taking the phone out of the bag. I like that I can plug the ear piece into it as well.

Prior to this I tried the Lezyne Phone Wallet, it worked well and offered some "padding" for the phone in a crash but it was a bit bulky and I had to open it up in order to see the screen inside, which made it difficult to quickly scan to see if I want to answer the phone or not while riding. The eCase allows me to do this very easily.
A bit pricey though

Getter

by Getter

I have a Note 2. Got a jersey bin but it was too big to fit in my jersey pocket...I just ended up using a Ziploc bag.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VPR

by VPR