Thumbs up for Fairwheel Bikes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bcheung

by bcheung

Excellent customer service. In the past two weeks they've gone out of their way to help me out in multiple ways.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

can you be any more vague. :?

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

stella-azzurra wrote:can you be any more vague. :?

yes, he could've not said which store he was talking about.

pritchet74

by pritchet74

Ya, their customer service is 2nd to none. Better than any LBS I have dealt with in the last few years. Top notch shop.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

mathi

by mathi

I dealt with Fairwheel bikes Europe earler this year and must second there superb service and assistance 8)

AXERA DO7

by AXERA DO7

Beside this forum I really enjoy the FWB forum too, not as busy as the WW forum but has some really helpful, smart contributors like Adrien who I miss on this site now and hope he rejoins the discussions that go on here. :(

bcheung

by bcheung

stella-azzurra wrote:can you be any more vague. :?

Always. If you're asking for more information, though, here's what I can tell you:

1) They sent me a new barrel adjuster for my KCNC brakes at no charge, when the ferrule from my Gore Ride-On cables sheared off inside the adjuster when I tried to remove them. A note to make: never use Gore Ride-On ferrules with the KCNC brakes.

2) On a recent order, dark green RD pulleys were sent instead of the black I ordered. It was an easy mistake to make - in anything but bright light, the green looks black. One phone call and they've expedited the correct pulleys to me, plus are including pre-addressed and pre-paid postage to return the green pulleys. I literally have to do nothing.

Rasmus
Administrator

by Rasmus

bcheung wrote:1) They sent me a new barrel adjuster for my KCNC brakes at no charge, when the ferrule from my Gore Ride-On cables sheared off inside the adjuster when I tried to remove them. A note to make: never use Gore Ride-On ferrules with the KCNC brakes.

I had the exact same issue when I switched to Nokons; the Gore ferrule got stuck in both barrel adjusters on my KCNCs. Easily fixed with a Dremel but annoying nonetheless.

And yes, nothing but good karma for FWB from me either.
- Papa R. Fresh

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I HATE FAIRWHEEL BIKES.

The sunsabitches not only actually have stock in most products ready to ship, while others just stock pictures...

Then they have the nerve to ship it usually the day you make the order, and generally catch you if you're stupid and order things that maybe don't work well together.

For guys like me who struggle with spending too much money on bike stuff and need things to be unavailable or harder to get as a form of budget control, Fairwheel are simply horrible :!:

coloclimber

by coloclimber

..and to top it off they actually answer the phone when you call! Haven't they ever heard of voicemail and vague avoidance emails?

FWB= da

-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Question-why the hell can't one other bike shop on this planet follow their business model of having knowledgeable staff, product on hand and courteous service?

One shop owner I know cannot go 5 minutes without lying and making stuff up when he doesn't know the answer to a product-related question.

And he's successful at it. Boggles the mind how things work out in this word.

jbf

by jbf

I sent an email about cassette lockring/hub compatability (a $15 part) and got an immediate reply. Jason (USA) is helpful and knowledgeable. I cannot get this from a local shop. A local shop would have looked at me like I was an alien. I do not even waste my time with them ...

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

jbf wrote:A local shop would have looked at me like I was an alien. I do not even waste my time with them ...

Move to Tucson. Then FWB will be your local shop.

otoman

by otoman

Just thought I'd raise this topic from the grave to give big ups to Fairwheel Bikes. I ordered the wrong size on a couple parts and they turned it around very quickly. I called ahead to let them know I'd be returning expecting the usual argument to get a RA#. Nope, some very friendly guy just said, "no worries! we'll look out for them." Thanks, fellas.

I have burned a lot of time at work drooling on various shiny bits that my (very good) LBS does not stock. But hey, now my bike has gold derailleur pulley bolts! :thumbup:
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I've recently had a great experience with them as well. Jason has been great with helping me get the right parts, and with answering my non-stop questions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com