Sub-4kg, di2 11spd

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

The comments on the site about the bike are much harsher than here on this forum. I expected the opposite. My cat weighs 7.2 lb. more than this. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jpac

by jpac

same here! hahah

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

stella-azzurra wrote:The comments on the site about the bike are much harsher than here on this forum. I expected the opposite. My cat weighs 7.2 lb. more than this. :lol:

There is some real dislike for the bike on there. People hate the Recon cassette for example. I put my experience of them for some balance, no problems for me, no soft pedal needed either as I race the damn thing fine and smash it to hell with no issues.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Nice that there are some light bikes again. Was a bit quite the last years. I like that they use the di2 but i really dislike the Tires.

jooo

by jooo

stella-azzurra wrote:The comments on the site about the bike are much harsher than here on this forum. I expected the opposite. My cat weighs 7.2 lb. more than this. :lol:

IMO the level of comments are actually not too bad compared to some other posts on bikerumor where people just jump on the bandwagon and things get out of hand.

I really like this comment :)
nunyab - 02/13/14 - 12:48pm wrote:Not a bad build. Almost as light as this Di2 bike which was done 5 years ago: http://fairwheelbikes.com/geoff-mcfetridge-rue-sports-light-bike-ezp-33.html?chapter=1

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Geoff wrote:11x28, but only half the bar taped? Don't know how 'real-world' that is...

34:23 (23mm tyre) gives 3.098 metres of development. Say you gain 1000m/h vertical, on a 10% slope you need to do 10kph. (10000m/3.098m)/60min = 53rpm. Not a cadence I would consider pleasant. If I had to make the choice, I'd trade all my bar tape for a 27-28 rear¹, since I'm lucky to have access to climbs that are of the 1000m+ vertical sort.

Of course things are different if you're closer to 1500VAM on an LSD ride, but I digress.

¹ of course I think saving on tape is questionable.

964Cup

by 964Cup

Impressive, but the hoods look uncomfortable (and ugly) for a 3g saving - worth it?

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Awesome build.

But how many grams is it wrap the whole bar? I get the idea but it's just silly. Did they hire stutheweak to consult?