2014 shoes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bombertodd

by bombertodd

dgasmd wrote:It simply a shame that not a single shoe brand/model has all the boxes ticked for me. The one that fits best is not so aesthetically pleasing. The one that vents best does not fit. The hot,classy, and elegant ones don't fit, etc. I wished there was a show that fits and is vented like the s-works, has a moldable sole like the Bont, and have the looks of the Giro or Rapha shoe.

I'm in the same boat. I need wide shoes and all the cool shoes (Sidi wire, Gaerne, DMT, etc...) don't come in wide models.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

The 2014 Northwaves look good as do the 2014 Lake CX402, but my wife wants new carpet and new sofa, so pass!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Wederkinck

by Wederkinck

Yeah, Sidi need to make 'Mega' model the Wire.

kgt

by kgt

Have tried DMT, Sidi and Vittoria in the past and I find my Gaerne g.chrono just great.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Did shimano make any changes to the r320 for 2014? I hope not, I just picked up a 2nd pair.
Speedplay is the devil!

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Riding in Sidi Wires 42.5 after destorying a pair a 2013 Specialized Sworks in a crash, loved the lightness of the Sworks but have a soft spot for the flawless build and style of the Sidi's :)
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

asdf123

by asdf123

I want to get some S-Works they look nice in red-white.
All my life I've ridden Sidi. Now on Ergo3's.
How would you compare S-Works sizing vs Sidi?

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

For me the 13 Speci shoes run a half size large. I wear a 45 in Sidi Wire and a 44.5 in S-Works shoe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

indywagon

by indywagon

asdf123 wrote:
SolidSnake03 wrote:Riding in Sidi Wires 42.5 after destorying a pair a 2013 Specialized Sworks in a crash, loved the lightness of the Sworks but have a soft spot for the flawless build and style of the Sidi's :)

I concur that the Specialized S-Works shoes run (at least) a half size larger than the Sidi Wires.

indywagon

by indywagon

I've been riding a pair of Specialized S-Works shoes for the past couple seasons, but for 2014 I've purchased both the Sidi Wires and the Shimano R320s. I haven't had a chance to ride them yet (I live in Wisconsin), but I think I'm going to prefer the Shimanos!

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Won't be looking at any new road shoes this year; my sworks are only a couple of years old, and still going strong. Fit wise they're a step above anything else i've used in the past (and I've gone through a lot of shoes!!).

Bought a pair of Fizik R3's at the back end of the year for TT use only, and what time I've spent in them so far, they feel good. Arches seem waaaay high when first put them on, but soon feels right :thumbup:

Which leads me to new 2014 mtb shoes. Current ones are original sworks bg which are getting a bit tired. Fancy some absolutely pointless for mtb white ones :lol:
Will probably go down the fizik route for them too
Official cafe stop tester

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

asdf123 wrote:
SolidSnake03 wrote:Riding in Sidi Wires 42.5 after destorying a pair a 2013 Specialized Sworks in a crash, loved the lightness of the Sworks but have a soft spot for the flawless build and style of the Sidi's :)

Agree with everyone else about the 1/2 size thing, my Sworks were 42's and my Wires are 42.5, the 42.5 is perfect.

I would say that the general rule about going up a 1/2 size in Sidi's still applies to the Wire's, at least for me and many others I have talked to it does
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I have a hard time understanding how people go from Specialized to SIDI and vice versa. I rode SIDI for a few years, but when I went to S-works it felt as if the specialized were 3 sizes bigger in width alone. To the point I couldn't understand how I rode SIDI without loosing a foot to poor blood flow! The only complains I have about the specialized are the colors and the fact that after 2 years 2 out of 4 of the dial ratches need replacing. They are my only pair of shoes, so I am trying to figure out a way to have them service by warranty without loosing weeks of riding in the process.

wojchiech

by wojchiech

dgasmd wrote:They are my only pair of shoes, so I am trying to figure out a way to have them service by warranty without loosing weeks of riding in the process.

I believe Boa will warranty replace a set of buckles without you having to send in your shoes, you just need to provide proof of purchase/serial numbers.

spud

by spud

re going from Sidi Ergo to Spec, my experience is that you want to go down a full size if you want a snug fit. I went down half a size and could not get the positive feel I was looking for, so returned them (was unable to get the size I wanted).

I've never ridden Wires, but I understand they run larger than Ergos.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com