What type of chainlube do you use?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

What type of chainlube do you normally use?

Wax based
22%
Parrafin drip
4%
Thin oil
49%
Thick oil
10%
Oil with solvent
14%

Total votes: 90

g00se

by g00se

5 8 5 wrote:Rock n Roll Gold gets my vote for anytime barring winter.

djm wrote:Anyone have suggestions for winter use?

The Morgan Blue syn stuff holds up nicely except for in the conditions we have now with salty slush. It seems to eat the lube off the chain instantly :-)

Trying to find something that holds better but also doesn't turn into a thick, greasy paste that doesn't come off when I try to clean it..

Know what you mean. UK normally has similar conditions (wet & salty this year!). I'm using Muc Off Wet Lube. For those conditions I've found it to be the best.
It's very tenacious and stays on the chain for the whole ride but is easy to degrease and clean off afterwards.

I've been using the Morgan Blue Extra Dry - which is aimed at MTB and CX, so has more water resistance than the name suggests - but I wouldn't say it's good for the current conditions in the UK. I've got the Muc Off wet Lube on the single speed this winter and it does it's job - but things do get a bit grubby.

asdf123

by asdf123

Any users of Morgan Blue Coarse or Race Oil? I'm sick of my old Rohloff and thinking about getting White Lightning or a MB product.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattythemod

by mattythemod

Fenwicks steatlh lube .

Bogan

by Bogan

Still using TriFlow after who knows how many years.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)