Shops in the Palm Springs (California) area?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kac

by kac

My sister lives in Palm Springs. She's looking for a reliable bike shop (products and service, most especially the latter). Any suggestions? If none in that area, how about the San Diego region?

thanks in advance,

KAC

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I went to all the local bike shops last summer and wasn't impressed by any of them. I'm sure you'll have better luck in Sandy Eggo.

Down in SD I've had luck at:
Bike Bling has a big selection
Hi-Tech bikes has some knowledgeable staff and decent selection

Out of curiosity why San Diego region? It's pretty far from Palm Springs. Don's Bikes in Redlands is decent too and closer to Palm Springs. Hopefully some one else has some info to add.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Palm Springs Cyclery/Palm Desert Cyclery have treated me well when I've been in.
When I've been out with Desert Bicycle Club on their group rides, it seems most people go to either of the two shops.

kac

by kac

bombertodd wrote:I went to all the local bike shops last summer and wasn't impressed by any of them. I'm sure you'll have better luck in Sandy Eggo.

Down in SD I've had luck at:
Bike Bling has a big selection
Hi-Tech bikes has some knowledgeable staff and decent selection

Out of curiosity why San Diego region? It's pretty far from Palm Springs. Don's Bikes in Redlands is decent too and closer to Palm Springs. Hopefully some one else has some info to add.

Thanks for the info on that. My sister mentioned San Diego because she sometimes drives there. I'll pass on the info on Redlands! Much appreciated.

KAC