Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:36 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 755
I just place an order 1/4/14 with no sale tax charge, but tonight trying to place another order and to my surprise they included NJ to the sale tax charges. But NJ does not charge tax to clothes or shoes. this sucks

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Look 695
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:20 am
Posts: 1435
Have you emailed them to query?

_________________
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar


Top
   
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 755
I sent them an email last night, but looking at the FAQ they included NJ.

"Q. Do your prices include tax?
A. As Rapha expands its US presence and travels to events throughout the country, we are required to collect sales tax in certain states where we maintain presence. As such, we charge sales tax on all orders shipped to the following states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KY, MA, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, TX, UT, WA, WI. Prices for Great Britain and Europe include VAT. All other prices are exclusive of local import duties and taxes which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. "

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Look 695
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 pm
Posts: 1405
It Sucks that you were charged on something that isn't even taxed in your state. The days of 0 sales tax on internet orders are short numbered. I'm surprised by how long it's gone on.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 755
Rapha's respond but I'm kind a lost, so sports authority, dicks sporting or modells are not considered 'sporting or specialized' even though they sell mostly sport clothing to every outdoor and indoor sport out there. and these store in nj does not charge tax on any clothing and shoes.

Hello Nismosr,

Thank you for your note. We are required to charge sales tax in NJ as 'sporting' or 'specialized' clothing is taxable. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

--
Best,
Tim

Timothy Coghlan

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Look 695
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 pm
Posts: 1405
Lots of stuff at Dick's is worn as casual apparel. I'd be surprised if they're not charging tax on football cleats.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm
Posts: 662
nismosr wrote:
Rapha's respond but I'm kind a lost, so sports authority, dicks sporting or modells are not considered 'sporting or specialized' even though they sell mostly sport clothing to every outdoor and indoor sport out there. and these store in nj does not charge tax on any clothing and shoes.

Hello Nismosr,

Thank you for your note. We are required to charge sales tax in NJ as 'sporting' or 'specialized' clothing is taxable. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

--
Best,
Tim

Timothy Coghlan


i got the same email from Tim. kind of an odd response as any sporting place like you mention doesn't charge NJ sales tax regardless of being specialized. a place like REI is similar...no sales tax for clothing.

_________________
- AX Lightness Vial EVO D + DA9070 + Enve SES 2.2 Enve carbon hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9070 + Enve 3.4 Enve carbon hubs
- Parlee ESX + DA9070 + Enve SES 6.7 CK hubs
- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + Campy SR11 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 pm
Posts: 1405
What you're saying is that you can buy these in New Jersey without paying sales tax?
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 755
yes ...

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Look 695
2013 Cervelo S5


Last edited by Frankie - B on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
no need to use quote. thanks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 pm
Posts: 1405
:lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 755
A little update, I have some items on my Rapha account that total $160 plus $9.80 for tax so I decided to hold off on the order. I tried checking out tonight and to my surprised the tax went down to $2.10 I'm guessing for the 2 Rapha Caps in the basket for $30. I'm happy with that .. Thanks Rapha !

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Look 695
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Posts: 5373
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
Well, the taxabiliity should depend on exactly what you purchased. A few minutes with google revealed:
Sport or recreational equipment that is worn only
in conjunction with a particular sport is taxable.
Articles which can be adapted for general use not
exclusively connected with a sporting activity
are exempt from tax.

Taxable:
Athletic Shoes (cleated or spiked)
Ballet and Tap Shoes
Baseball and Hockey Gloves
Bicycle Shorts (padded)
Bowling Shoes
Fishing Boots (waders)
Gloves (e.g., baseball, bowling, boxing,
hockey, golf)
Goggles
Golf Shoes
Hand and Elbow Guards
Helmets (sports and motorcycle)
Ice Skates
Life Preservers and Vests
Mouth Guards
Protective Masks
Roller Blades
Roller Skates (boot and screw-on)
Shin Guards and Padding
Shoulder Pads
Ski Boots
Skin Diving Suits
Snorkel and Scuba Masks
Sweatbands
Swim Fins
Track Shoes and Cleats
Waders
Wetsuits and Fins

Exempt:
Athletic Supporters
Childrenís Sports and Play Uniforms (e.g.,
football, baseball, karate)
Hooded Shirts
Jogging or Running Shoes, Suits
Knitted Caps or Hats
Overshoes, Coats, Mittens, Parkas, and
Trousers (sometimes sold in the trade as
hunting, skating, and skiing apparel but
suitable for general outdoor wear and
commonly worn other than in a particu-
lar sport)
Pullovers, Turtlenecks, and Other Sweaters
Ski Masks


bricky21 wrote:
What you're saying is that you can buy these in New Jersey without paying sales tax?
Image
nismosr wrote:
yes ...
WRWONG!!!!! unless they're for chidlren

Taxable:
Athletic Shoes (cleated or spiked)

And I'm not even from Joisey. Youse got a problem wit 'dat?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 755
HammerTime2 wrote:
Well, the taxabiliity should depend on exactly what you purchased. A few minutes with google revealed:
Sport or recreational equipment that is worn only
in conjunction with a particular sport is taxable.
Articles which can be adapted for general use not
exclusively connected with a sporting activity
are exempt from tax.

Taxable:
Athletic Shoes (cleated or spiked)
Ballet and Tap Shoes
Baseball and Hockey Gloves
Bicycle Shorts (padded)
Bowling Shoes
Fishing Boots (waders)
Gloves (e.g., baseball, bowling, boxing,
hockey, golf)
Goggles
Golf Shoes
Hand and Elbow Guards
Helmets (sports and motorcycle)
Ice Skates
Life Preservers and Vests
Mouth Guards
Protective Masks
Roller Blades
Roller Skates (boot and screw-on)
Shin Guards and Padding
Shoulder Pads
Ski Boots
Skin Diving Suits
Snorkel and Scuba Masks
Sweatbands
Swim Fins
Track Shoes and Cleats
Waders
Wetsuits and Fins

Exempt:
Athletic Supporters
Childrenís Sports and Play Uniforms (e.g.,
football, baseball, karate)
Hooded Shirts
Jogging or Running Shoes, Suits
Knitted Caps or Hats
Overshoes, Coats, Mittens, Parkas, and
Trousers (sometimes sold in the trade as
hunting, skating, and skiing apparel but
suitable for general outdoor wear and
commonly worn other than in a particu-
lar sport)
Pullovers, Turtlenecks, and Other Sweaters
Ski Masks


bricky21 wrote:
What you're saying is that you can buy these in New Jersey without paying sales tax?
Image
nismosr wrote:
yes ...
WRWONG!!!!! unless they're for chidlren

Taxable:
Athletic Shoes (cleated or spiked)

And I'm not even from Joisey. Youse got a problem wit 'dat?


haha lol - anyway my last time ordering from Rapha I guess .. hehe

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Look 695
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:35 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Di2 battery voltage after charging

in Road

Zzyzxx71

0

170

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Zzyzxx71 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. campagnolo eps v2 charging cable on canyon aeroad 2015

in Road

ColnagoJohn

1

541

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Martin.dk View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. From Castello to Rapha?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Cycle Chat

PLuKE

36

3719

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:27 am

uraqt View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rapha RCC Gilet + RCC Cap $180 + Shipping

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

tharmor

0

193

Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:31 pm

tharmor View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rapha Cross shoes almost new 44.5

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

ultyguy

0

193

Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:40 pm

ultyguy View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited