Road Bike Party 2

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

weeshuggy

by weeshuggy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhabgvIIXik&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHhabgvIIXik

Another superd display showing just how versatile a road bike can be.

Incredible stunts and amazing tricks all completed on a £15,000 Colnago C59 Italia? It can only be a Road Bike Party! Lycra-clad trials legend Martyn Ashton's first Road Bike Party was a YouTube sensation, so a sequel HAD to be made, bigger and better than before! Martyn was in the middle of filming when his life was transformed by an accident during a trials display which has left him paralysed from the waist down. Courage, determination and great friends have helped Martyn to complete his vision for what a Road Bike Party is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerozy

by aerozy

Insane! :unbelievable: This guy totally blows away the laws of physics! :beerchug:
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

Flyfishing3

by Flyfishing3

Thanks for posting.

i love this kind of stuff.

thp

by thp

Great Video! Bike doesn't look too bad either.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

nice tricks in the 2nd… but i like the first one better aesthetically in term of filming

aerozy

by aerozy

I hadnt realized Martyn Ashton had that terrible accident in September. He's been in a hospital bed for 101days recovering from serious spinal injuries. How is he doing? It really puts things into perspective, as cool as this video may be was it really worth it?

Hope he is able to fully recover, walk and ride again! Good luck to him

tinchy

by tinchy

he's paralysed from the waist down

mattr

by mattr

And you can see him in the film at about 5:50, having a laugh and a joke with Danny M and Chris A.

Its unlikely to be a well produced and filmed as the previous one. The last half of the film was basically filmed on spec, with Danny and Chris only knowing a few days beforehand that they were riding. And from what i understand, with very limited familiarisation with the bike.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

aerozy wrote:I hadnt realized Martyn Ashton had that terrible accident in September. He's been in a hospital bed for 101days recovering from serious spinal injuries. How is he doing? It really puts things into perspective, as cool as this video may be was it really worth it?

Hope he is able to fully recover, walk and ride again! Good luck to him

He wasn't injured during filming....

Flyfishing3

by Flyfishing3

getting close to 6 million views.

aerozy

by aerozy

No he wasnt but perhaps the exposure of the first road party and now this one lead him to fame, that in turn lead him to tour around and do more shows which in turn lead to this accident. He's been a dare devil for his entire life time, pushing the limits further and further until the elastic broke... literally. Its very sad, I feel for him and his family.

wingguy

by wingguy

aerozy wrote:

No he wasnt but perhaps the exposure of the first road party and now this one lead him to fame, that in turn lead him to tour around and do more shows which in turn lead to this accident. He's been a dare devil for his entire life time, pushing the limits further and further until the elastic broke... literally. Its very sad, I feel for him and his family.

Perhaps not. Martyn Ashton had been the headliner of the Animal Tour for over a decade. There's also an interview with him where he says that any development or additions of stuff in the live show was on hold while he focussed on Road Bike Party.

You might want to drop the blame game stuff and recognise it as just an accident, nothing more, nothing less.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

I'd like to see my Venge hold up to a 15 foot front flip.
carbonLORD.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com