Castelli XS

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MrSkinny

by MrSkinny

I'm trying to find Castelli Jerseys in size XS, but so far I don't have any luck at the "usual" online stores (some in the UK: Ribble, Wiggle, PBK; some in the USA: Competitive Cyclist, Colorado Cyclist, Performance Bike, ...).
Search engines aren't very helpful either so far (some results are shops that produce fake clothing).
Any suggestion where to buy jerseys for someone who is rather lean? Esp. the sleeves are usually way too wide (my arms are about 23cm in circumference where a short sleeve ends).
I know Castelli size XS exists (for men) and it fits reasonably well: I got some used stuff via some auction site (from a sponsored rider or pro with lots of logos), but I would like to get new jerseys without all the logos.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Why don't you try your LBS?

euan

by euan

Because LBS rarely ever stock XS? From what I've seen Wiggle, Probikekit and Sigma Sport regularly stock things in XS though obviously they don't stock much of them.

Also worth checking www.castellicafe.co.uk

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Always a hard one to find. I have had best luck with custom team stuff and rosso corso items coming in, or fitting like, xs. For example, aero race jersey has an xs fit to it in a regular small. The other jerseys seem to fit as normal. Though any race team kit smalls are a bit smaller than normal castelli small. That has been my experience at least.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

MrSkinny

by MrSkinny

I tried 7 LBSs during the summer: surprisingly one of them actual had one jersey (some local manufacturer?) in size XS (usually you see X*L, but almost never XS). However, the sleeves were too wide -- overall the fit was about the same as a Castelli in size S.

sanrensho

by sanrensho

What height/weight are you? I've don't have any Castelli jerseys, but I am between S and XS in other brands (165cm, 56kg/123lb). Would be nice to know if I buy a Castelli jersey in the future.

MrSkinny

by MrSkinny

As it has been posted already in this forum: 1.75m, 56kg.

Some very simple measurements of Castelli Jerseys: laying them flat on a table and measuring arm-pit to arm-pit as well as lowest section (all values in cm):
Free S: 40 / 35
Climber XS: 36 / 30
Body Paint S: 36 / 31

As you can see, the sizes vary... of course some of the Jerseys are intended to stretch, so the measurements don't tell too much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

virenque

by virenque

I'm 1.7m and 54kg . . . I'm having a worse time looking for something that fit . . . -_-"

and nothing stock fits . . .

when nothing fits . . . go custom