Bike Gallery?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

campbellrae

by campbellrae

It would certainly make it clearer, and quicker to search through the forums for specific bikes/info. Sounds good to me.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I agree about the titling, that will help.

On the test, it looks good so far, however a few suggestions:
-A requirement is to have a link back to the build's thread... this will point people to the proper thread if they want to ask questions/give a salut/criticize to satisfy their own desires/etc:.
-Make the thread 'no-reply' a bit like the For Sale section. The author can edit, as can a mod, but that's about it. The link in the post will point any inquiries to the proper thread.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

I also concur on standard titling. Would make things far simpler to find...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

In the current "Test Phase" 4 out od 6 bikes/projects have no individual parts weights or a detailed parts list with real weights specified. Fail.

This defeats the purpose in my book.

We need "old WW" practices where all or most parts are measured and recorded for future reference. This way the "search button" makes sense and WW stays alive.

Let the "Introduce section" remain for "Here's my new ride" threads with no/or only approximate weights... and ressurect something for the real WW forum :)
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

prendrefeu wrote:I agree about the titling, that will help.

On the test, it looks good so far, however a few suggestions:
-A requirement is to have a link back to the build's thread... this will point people to the proper thread if they want to ask questions/give a salut/criticize to satisfy their own desires/etc:.
-Make the thread 'no-reply' a bit like the For Sale section. The author can edit, as can a mod, but that's about it. The link in the post will point any inquiries to the proper thread.

I agree. I think it should be "no-reply". Replying should be for the Intro/Gallery section.

Also, I'm not sure if individual part weights are necessary, or even possible sometimes, but all the parts should/could be listed...

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Just wanted to note the build list posted in the test forum is missing, bottom bracket, skewers, headset spacers, front derailleur clamp and headset expander from it.

TimmS

by TimmS

Can't it be just a list like the old list with bikes ranked on weight instead of last entries at the top?