Lake CX331 Road Shoes $244.99; Sale today only

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Cleaner

by Cleaner

Nashbar has 30% off shoes and sunglasses today only. You will only see the speedplay version of the shoe if you click through their banner.

The BOA system and shoe construction are the best I have used from an off the shelf shoe and they may include the e-sole foot bed for customization of the insole. If you get the e-sole then Trek online has the customization kits for them on sale for $16.

Use this URL to access the 3 hole mount version:
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/ProductDisplay?storeId=10053&langId=-1&catalogId=10052&productId=536709&utm_source=Google_Product_Search&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=datafeed&cm_mmc=Google_Product_Search-_-PLA-_-Datafeed-_-Lake%20CX331%20Road%20Shoes%20White/Silver%2042&CAWELAID=1366295214&catargetid=400006960000002201&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Lake shoes are the most fragile shoes I have ever owned and their customer service is the worst in the industry. I wanted to love my Lake shoes, but they fell apart and Lake refused to even respond to repeated warranty inquiries from me and my local (at the time) dealer. I'd rather pay twice the price for any other brand than get Lakes at retail, discounted, or even free.

Lake shoes will only disappoint you in the long run.

Cleaner

by Cleaner

I have been riding a pair of CX300s (carbon sole Kangaroo upper with BOA) for several years (5X+) week and have not had any failures of components or any de-lamination or the like due to wear. I did have some issues with the cleat plates stripping out when installing new cleats and had to contact Lake to get new parts and then cut through the sole to replace them which was a pain in the ass. Lake here in the USA did respond and provide the parts gratis but the design could be much improved, I have not compared the newer models to see if this was improved or not.

I suggest threading screws into the plates/nuts by hand to insure there is no problem fully engaging the hardware before putting a wrench on them.

My reference has been higher end Shimano, SIDI, and Nike shoes. The SIDI are nicely built but the toebox is small, I still use SIDI on the MTB and those have held up for more than 4 years of riding without any failures but I do prefer the BOA retention mechanism to the straps/buckles it is more comfortable over long rides for me.