Anyone own a Sportful Ultra Light WS Jacket?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

iamalex

by iamalex

Looking for a softshell jacket to use over the winter, wondering if anyone has any experience with the Sportful Ultra Light WS Jacket?
http://www.sportful.it/fra/pe12/cycling/protection.php?id=1101011

Tried on a Rapha Pro Team jacket and though it was great - this however is half the price! Ideally anyone tried both? How does the fit compare?

Thanks

AKASTANA

by AKASTANA

For something more comparable look at the Extreme Jacket or the NoRain as both of those offer better waterproofing (the Extreme is almost fully waterproof) but both have a better fit that the softshell jacket so no windflap!
"You are only limited by fear and even that can be overcome..." Seth Morrison

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

airwise

by airwise

I can"t recommend Sportful highly enough.

I recently returned a light waterproof that I bought in 2010 asking if they could replace the zipper. Despite the jacket being patched from a crash and being well outside of warranty, they replaced the zipper and posted the jacket back to me in the UK completely free of charge.

So Rapha type service, same quality clothing, half the price.

iamalex

by iamalex

Thanks for the replies. I'll try and head over to a Sportful stockist and take a proper look at the extreme jacket.

Still keen to hear from anyone whose tried the Ultra Light WS in particular - Anyone?

I tried on the Rapha jacket again and it is very nice, just not sure the cut of the sleeves is for me. In a small the body is a great fit, the sleeves however are a little too tight. I want a fraction more room for a long sleeve jersey/thicker baselayer for the really cold days. Waiting for a medium to try.

In the sales the Assos I.J.Habu is the same price. The fit is better for me but the zip seemed really fiddly. In black it's fairly restrained for Assos kit.

bigben99

by bigben99

Both are good but i prefer Sportful Ultra Light WS Jacket