Pinarello Hate

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

SLC01, cracked top tube. (under 500 miles) by hitting a fast dip in the road while seated.
RM01, cracked chain stay. (under 500 miles) by hitting a lip in the road no greater then crossing train tracks.
TMR01, snapped fork leg. (into its 1000th mile) no reason, out of the blue and he hurt himself and cracked a new 404 and SR lever.

All out of the blue, no crash (I was there for 2 of them). BMC warrantied the 404 and lever for him, gave him a new frame and he still has the courage to ride it, though just bought an S-WORKS Tarmac yesterday.

Point is, warranties do offer something but after witnessing his luck, wont go back into that brand myself, (I should have never sold my SLT01).
carbonLORD.com

airwise

by airwise

Has anyone read the wording on many of these "lifetime" warranties?

I looked at the Cannondale one for the SuperSix and really wouldn't want to try and claim on it in a court of law. I am therefore relying on the good will of the company to a degree. Just as some have when crashing and buying replacement framesets.

IME if a clear manufacturing defect has not come to light in three to five years, it's unlikely to be classified as a manufacturing defect, nor normal wear and tear or fatigue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stefanot
Shop Owner

by stefanot

Some of these frames don't get ridden nearly enough to have a timeframe determine if a defect is factory or abuse related but generally yes, if a problem hasn't emerged in years, it's difficult to pin it on the factory.