Pinarello Hate

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Come on people :roll: Pinarello's have wiggly seat stays too which make it some what symmetrical just like a Volkswagen bug. You don't like the fork? change it to a straight one if you can but then the look of the bike would become asymmetrical now wouldn't it.
Pinarello's are fine ugly frames lets leave it at that. :noidea:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

KWalker

by KWalker

The point of this thread it to focus all of the Pinarello hate on this forum into one spot and discuss why people always seem to make negative comments towards the brand.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mythical

by mythical

Great news! One less team on Pinarello next year! http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/movistar-confirm-split-with-pinarello :lol:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

KWalker wrote:The point of this thread it to focus all of the Pinarello hate on this forum into one spot and discuss why people always seem to make negative comments towards the brand.

Because the frames are "different"? and not conform to what people think a bike should look like?
and not many people can afford them. Why pay for such ugly "heavy" frames?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

PSM

by PSM

People are so childish.

airwise

by airwise

stella-azzurra wrote:
KWalker wrote:The point of this thread it to focus all of the Pinarello hate on this forum into one spot and discuss why people always seem to make negative comments towards the brand.

Because the frames are "different"? and not conform to what people think a bike should look like?
and not many people can afford them.

:goodpost:

You won't find any criticism from "Mr Negativity" when it comes to Pinarello frames. They don't make any more outlandish and misleading claims than any other bike manufacturer in my experience and the finish and heritage are beyond reproach. Those who ride them swear by them.

My only regret is that they keep this ridiculous "waiting list" for your frame that means people like me simply don't buy - a throwback to the old days when such systems were in place to enhance exclusivity. If I could have bought a 53cm frame from them in Treviso in my colourway I would have been riding one two years ago.

maquisard

by maquisard

They aren't bad but they aren't anything special, just heavy clunkers with stupid forks and chain stays. I wouldn't mind it so much if they weren't so over priced. Heritage doesn't really matter to me, a company are only as good as their last bike.

Give me a Canyon, Cannondale, Cervélo, or Colnago any day.

davidalone

by davidalone

hmm well I think pinarellos make perfectly good bikes IMO ( never ridden one, but hey, if sky can win 2 tours back to back, they can't be THAT bad.) . but I've never really liked them, possibly to the couple of reasons:

1) that loud LOOK AT ME graphics and shaping doesn't do it for me.

2) the outrageous claims that pinarello makes. sure lots of companies do it too, but pinarello makes it sound superflous and overbearing.

3) this could be down to dealer choice and specific to my area, but pinarellos are one of the more 'popular' brands in my area. they are distributed by one of the smallest, but most successful bike shops here, and their team is also one of the more successful which has groomed some of the best riders in the region. BUT the dealer has always been abit of a snob and sarcastic. and because pinarellos are 'successful' in my area, lots of the rich dentist/lawyer/MAMIL poser types buy pinarellos and act snobbish since they can afford one.
example:
I had one of them come up to my team after a race ( neither of our teams won, though we did get a 4th) and sarcastically say: "nice job with the leadout near the end. Good job at hiding from the wind too, btw." like wtf! talk about sour grapes to a team that didn't even win !
so I guess you could say it's about how they're representeed locally.

4) I just prefer the way how brands like colngago and bianchi carry themselves over pinarello. all 3 brands undoubtedly have history in cycling, but I guess the way those two are marketed and represented doesn't make me FEEL like it's an obnoxious brand.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Apparently it's a worldwide phenomenon - the pinarello dealer locally are also rather snobbish, and a friend who visited a Hong Kong shop that stocks them says it's the same over there as well! I think selling one of the most expensive frames does that to them...

airwise

by airwise

maquisard wrote:They aren't bad but they aren't anything special, just heavy clunkers with stupid forks and chain stays. I wouldn't mind it so much if they weren't so over priced. Heritage doesn't really matter to me, a company are only as good as their last bike.

Give me a Canyon, Cannondale, Cervélo, or Colnago any day.

This is fairly typical. Overpriced? Compared to what? Same as Colnago. Same as Cervelo R5 VWD, less than Parlee, many a Stork, Cervelo S5 VWD. Look 695. Merkx etc etc.

Truth is it's the going rate for a top frame. It's built from top materials and people who ride them rather than ogle them seem to love them. Weight is really rather unimportant to them. I should add that the finish of these compared with the more mainstream brands like Cannondale, Spec etc is superb. For some that's worth paying for.

So overpriced? Show me another frameset of similar build specs, with similar finish and from a similarly sizeable manufacturer that's available in Europe for considerably less through normal channels.

One point that has struck me is the readiness with which all Italian manufacturers have embraced disc brake technology and the relative disinterest they show in aero frames. They definitely see the world differently to some large American corporations and on line outfits.

kgt

by kgt

This 4 page pinarello obsessive compulsive 'analysis' just proves how much succesful this company is : )

hna

by hna

I have nothing against them. I even think their paint jobs are some of the best out there. But I probably wouldn't use my own money on their bikes. There are still a few bikes in that price range I want more.

LeePaton

by LeePaton

People tend to dislike things that are winning.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I love my Dogma. If I'm not on call, I typically suit up on Sundays in my full Rapha Pro Team kit (cap worn backwards, sans helmet of course), power up the 3% climb to Starbucks (I generally hammer it 'cause it's a Strava segment), shouting "vous étes des assassins!" when I summit. Once I hit Starbucks I pull the latest issue Rouleur from my jersey pocket and sip my extra hot skinny no whip dirty chai. After that, it's back on the bike for the killer descent back home. Gotta say, those Lightweights really make a difference.

Love it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

If hating on a bike was the most pressing issue you had in your life, then I'd gladly swap positions with you!

FWIW one of my best mates has a doggie and I love it..the bike I mean, not him..!
Last edited by MarkGiardini on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.