Dale Stetina

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Geoff

by Geoff

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/09/ ... ent_301128

For the kids who only know Dale as Peter's father, Dale was a role model to many of us and always had good advice on race craft. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Sounds awful....definitely sending prayers his way. Terrible for Peter, as well. Definitely tempers the fantastic news he had of moving to BMC....surely his father is proud and will have all the incentive in the world to fight to watch Peter with BMC.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Regret to hear this. I hope Dale will recover soon. My best wishes to him and his family.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

djconnel

by djconnel

While well intentioned, "I hope he recovers soon" may show lack of attention to the severity of brain stem injuries. I doubt "soon" is in the realm of possible.

The horror of this situation, like so many others, it it's origin is in the general acceptance of reckless driving. In the United States, even when drivers kill pedestrians or cyclists, charges are rarely filed unless the driver is intoxicated or flees. I don't know if the driver was going too fast for conditions in this instance, but it would not be uncommon were he doing so.

bura

by bura

Thanks djc having noticed my intention. Sorry for the lack of attention or shall we say use of a misleading expression in a foreign language?
I feel free to use "as soon as possible".
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Last I saw on Twitter, he was moving arms and legs which seems to rule out any paralysis. That is good news.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

Geoff

by Geoff

The human body is a remarkable machine. Even with brain stem injuries, amazing recoveries can be made. Myself, I am almost back to normal after my big 'off' (vehicle-induced road crash). True, I have weird memory-recall issues and have missing years of my life, but day-to-day cognitive ability is fine (still the market-leader in my industry). Prayers for Dale and his family...

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Two hours ago, https://twitter.com/dalestetina wrote:dale stetina ‏@dalestetina 2h

Docs have officially moved Dad from "critical" status down to "serious"!!!

Edit: Above was from September 3. From an hour ago: "Walked almost 30ft using walker w/ minimal assistance. Kept throwing walker aside!!! answering basic yes/no verbally. 100% off ventilator"
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

I am hopeful that his cycling fitness and willpower help him to confound the expectations of his doctors.

Prayers to him and his family.