Giro Air Attack Shield for TT?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

It will gain you exactly 4.67watts over all other helmnets in any position!

Seriously though what the hell are you expecting? Helmets, and their aerodynamic quality, are different for every person. The way the helmet matches up with your back, head and frontal cavity are going to determine which is fastest for you. If thats not a good enough response, then f*ck off and quit bothering me with your anally retentive, opinionated nonsense.

So lets see some pictures of your position (just dont expect kind word, as you seem incapable of using them).

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

But anyways,

I own an AA shield and use it for American crits, RR's, and TT's. I have an Aeon too so I don't wear the AA all the time. The AA is definitely heavier so depending on the RR I may or may not wear it. I've worn it in June/July in Georgia in 90+ degree weather with humidity so thick you could swim in the air and it's been fine. Crits? Always.

For my TT style, I tend to put my head down a lot. Just kind of how I ride. So if I wear my Advantage2 it ends up with the tail sticking up in the air more than laying flat on my back. So I've been using the AA to TT with this year. I can't say that I have any real scientific date about how much faster or slower I am with the AA versus the Advantage2. I definitely don't think it's the reason why I either win or lose though. I thought I read somewhere that Giro said the AA was 17% less aerodynamic than their newest Selector with a shield. Again, that's probably assuming you ride with your head up the whole time which I do not.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Agree with you totally here 2002SaecoReplica. I presently use the Advantage and try to keep the tail flat across my back but, as you quite rightly comment, the moment you dip your chin it becomes a shark fin. So this is potentially where the AA could score heavily. Interesting one.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

bura

by bura

Can only smile.
Because it is too tragic to LOL.

-Start thread and ask for aero advantage of "experienced testers".
-TRY to use sarcasm to mock those trying to help.
-Tell posters to f... off.
-Tell posters to be interested ONLY in the aero advantage NOT about the price of a cup of coffee in Mongolia.
-After visiting a road race suddenly concerns about design (looks) become interesting which were on the level of Mongolian coffee before like thermal concerns.Noted.
-Agree with someone else who tells that you look like a dick wearing the AA in a road race or crit.Oh well unless you have to win that race.
(bunch of dicks in the pro peleton seen recently who do not all win wearing the AA and learned that some other folks body parts look like the AA :-)
-Then "AGREE TOTALLY" with someone else who IS wearing his AA in crits ,RR's and TT's.

This is the brain we have to deal with.

Happy riding.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD