Bike Rental - Tuscany Italy

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

My girlfriend and I are spending a week in Tuscany (staying near Certaldo) and are trying to decide if we bring our bikes or set up rentals for when we arrive. We are flying out of Canada, so the baggage fees to Europe are actually much less cost than some of the rentals I have found. I'm curious if anyone knows of a good bike shop to rent from in that area that offers good bikes at a reasonable price. We will have a rental car (possibly a van), so transporting the bike is merely a hassle - one we would like to avoid if possible. Let me know if you anyone has experience renting in this area.
Cheers,
Greg

Thirstyman

by Thirstyman

Bike Florence has very nice bikes for rent and good service. I rented my wife a carbon ride (valued at $3000) for a trip in 2010. worked out great. If you think you would enjoy a guide or someone to help with logistics I can recommend Bruno Baldini at Biking Tuscany. He was terrific with route planning and a great guy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com