2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Liggero

by Liggero

You can't just copy a design, not because it's ugly, but because it's illegal, and un-moral. You see, you can have a 99% of votes for this design, but you know what? you just can not do it unless you ask Bernard for permissions or for the right to use their intellectual property, as long as they have it registered.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Liggero, I didn't copy their design. Period.
I've already defended myself. I know they look similar, everyone can see that.

You and others are attacking me like the Spanish Inquisition. It was something I didn't expect.

I don't expect everyone to get the reference in that sentence above, yet you (and others) are accusing me with the assumption that I would have already known of the reference YOU knew of but I did not. That's the fallacy.

So it's up to you: get over it, or somehow come up with evidence that convincingly proves beyond any doubt that I had seen or heard of Bernard prior to trychle bringing it to my attention, long after the design had already been presented and evolved from the original sketch. The burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the defense.

Until then, I really have nothing more to say on this subject. I've already stated everything that I need to state about this, I'm moving on.

Finally: the most disappointing thing in all of this? Of ALL the battles in life you could choose to fight, of all the troubles and issues this world needs to deal with, you choose to expend your energy on fighting this? That's sad. That's really sad, and disappointing. I would hope that you are better than that and can better place your energies.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Liggero

by Liggero

You know what, just not to be banned, I will keep my opinion about this just to myself, cause it's really not worthy to argue.

Copied or not copied, that doesn't matter, they look too similar, and you should be now the first one interested on changing this design. I personally informed the guys at Bernard. Also, you seem too much on the defensive side apparently, weird, quite weird if you didn't copied anything. Still, I bet you are not so so stupid to copy something and also think you wouldn't be busted, that is why in the bottom of me, I really think you did not copied it. Still, they just look too similar Pren. You should change it, and you perfectly know it. I'm also quite sure you are more than smart enough to understand this, too.
Happy Trails !!!

dj97223

by dj97223

prendrefeu wrote:Whatever. No comment. I'm done.

All I want, right now, is for the contact at Jakroo to send me the store link for us to meet the quantities, and I really wouldn't wish this ordeal upon anyone that I care about.

No good deed goes unpunished. You are doing a great job and a great service that the vast majority of us sincerely appreciate. The others, well . . :noidea:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Danza

by Danza

*removed* no reason to go there.
Last edited by Danza on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

are the kits similar? they look almost completely alike
was Prend intentionally copying the desing? i don't believe he would've done it
is this "illegal"? well....

...it's more complicated. i myself am not a designer per se, although i've done few bits of this and that (some logos, catalogues, fancy CVs) and i'm perfectly aware of the thin line between inspiration and copy. on of the main questions here is whether the designed 'piece' is to be used commercially - that is, if you aim at making any profit out of it.

example: if i put an 'Apple' or a 'Coke' logo on my bedroom wall, all is fine. if i put the same logo or a graphic pattern on my business card, or, say, a cycling kit (that is going to bring profit - at least for the manufacturer) then we have a problem.

i believe the 'Bernard/WW kit' is just a coincidence, however, if i were the designer of the Bernard, i might feel like my intelectual property's been, well maybe not stolen, but copied for sure. if i were the designer of the WW kit, and learned about Bernard post factum, i'd deffinitely contact with the 'Bernard' designer, and explain the whole situation, and maybe try to organize a free WW kit to sweeten things for him :wink:

Liggero wrote:I personally informed the guys at Bernard

:roll:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I'll eagerly await to hear from Bernard. Like I've stated before, I want to see what inspired them to create their design.

In the meantime, is this getting ridiculous?
Liggero, why the hell do you care so much about a group order for a small forum on the Internet? I'm spending my time on this at a loss, doing everything for free, and you don't even want to order a kit! What the hell is wrong with you? Do you write to Sky and tell them about every team that has a similar concept to their jerseys? What about all the Leopard-Trek renditions out there? Are you going to write to 20th Century Fox because countless shops and teams have made kits that were visually similar to the "Cutters" jersey from the film? The list of comparables goes on forever, so why is this any different?

Again, I'll wait for Bernard, I'm just interested in where they got their inspiration.

So should we delay store opening because some ass who isn't even interested in the jersey has decided that this, of all tragedies in the world, is what he needs to go out of his way to throw a fit about?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

slyboots

by slyboots

I guess nobody expected Liggero to come up with anything positive.
However you, prendrefeu, continuing to argue this matter over the internet just fuel the fire and let the issue blow out of proportions. It's kind of hard to prove that you didn't do it, so the only two things that matter are:
1. we like your design
2. you know you made it yourself and didn't copy
The doubters will not believe you no matter how good of an explanation you give. You do a lot of work on this project, so your word on the matter of the design is quite enough. Just ignore them miserable people and let them cry whatever they want. If nobody cares about their cries they will blow off and shut up pretty soon.

astranoc

by astranoc

Can all this useless conversation be moved out of the order-thread to another if people want to talk about it?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

To add my penny worth - I wish people would take their negative sentiment and post it on some other forum.

I know it is a feature of the WWW that 'freedom of speech' has no boundaries but for me this website is a positive break from all the other negative stuff that is going on in the world.

I find it quite depressing that people just can't let this drop.

Pref is putting his time into this and I am personally grateful for the effort he is making!

frankmx

by frankmx

i am definitely gonna order a kit or a skinsuit i like some clothing besides my teams clothing that still looks like proper team kit, nice for those club races.

NoiseBoy

by NoiseBoy

People will always get a kick out of arguing about nothing on the internet. This thread has been viewed 8000 times and yet less than half a dozen people have felt the need to suggest foul play. Its obvious the vast majority are either happy with the design and believe you Prend, or just don't want a kit.

I haven't been cycling for long and I've always turned my nose up and 'club kits' when I see them on the road but this kit looks so cool and this forum is so positive and helpful (with very little nonsense like most forums) that I will be buying a couple of sets and wearing it with pride. Your work doesn't go unappreciated by me anyway.

Liggero

by Liggero

sorry for the inconvenience, won't comment again, please go forward with your order. best regards.
Happy Trails !!!

jjmstang

by jjmstang

I'll be ordering kit.....just hope I can get my fat ass in it
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

The handbags finish here please crew. A thread like this should not be causing the admin team this amount of headaches.