2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hello!

So after a first (or was it second?) attempt at the Weight Weenie Kit which fell apart for various reasons, I've taken the reigns to make this happen and act as the main point-person for the order.
This first post will be updated with all of the current and relevant information you need to know.

Current Status: SHOP NOW OPEN ON A ROLLING BASIS!!

The shop is now back open on a rolling-order basis.
»»» http://shop.jakroo.com/Weight-Weenies «««

It is a open on a rolling basis w/o minimums.

How does this work?
Get your order in by the 7th (Pacific Standard Time, -8 GMT) of each month and it will get produced and delivered to you by the end of that same month. If however you order AFTER the 7th, you'll have to wait until the following month's 7th until the orders get processed. Does that make sense?

Other info links:
Sizing Information is here
Feedback from 1st round of orders starts around here and goes on for a few pages

««««««««««« Prior Stages »»»»»»»»»»»

Stage 1: Receive Final Designs; Set up online survey to determine chosen design and quanities.
Stage 2: Setting up an online team store with vendor, clearly presenting the chosen design, sizing information and answering any questions about the ordering process; order window opens. In the background, minor adjustments to design based on discussion with vendor and Designer.
Stage 3: Order window closes October 4, Midnight PST. A full month!! Delivery no later than October 28.
Stage 4: Delivery! Orders will be individually shipped by vendor to you regardless of your location. All orders are shipped via FedEx.

This post will be updated with all of the current and relevant information you need to know.
Any additional comments, discussions continue in the thread... I'm just trying to make it easier for anyone 'jumping in' to get oriented without going through pages to figure out what is going on.
Last edited by prendrefeu on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

This needs to be stickied, and I imagine that comments should be limited to Prendrefeu.

Thanks for doing this, btw! :beerchug:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

No problem!

As for comments, thanks for the consideration. I would like to have anyone comment as they need to... I think it will be useful, especially when it comes down to sizing questions, getting our quantities up, etc:. I'll do my best to manage the comments and edit the first post with summaries, status, and any important answers to questions as they get posted in the thread.

I think the most important thing for all of us is that we work together to make this happen. It's a balance of getting enough people to actually order and we'll end up helping each other.

53x12

by 53x12

Thanks for taking the lead Prend. I appreciate it.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

PSM

by PSM

I think I will reconsider! :thumbup: :beerchug:

eigner

by eigner

:beerchug:
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

Machinenoise

by Machinenoise

Excellent work Prend go for it, I'm in for it too.

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

Anxious to see the design before I pull the trigger. The kit itself looks awesome.

53x12

by 53x12

"Anxious to see the design before I pull the trigger. The kit itself looks awesome."

We are going to vote on it in a few days once final designs are in.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

slyboots

by slyboots

The plan and it's presentation is clear and well structured, so it looks like we have the right man in charge here and it should actually work. Thanks, prendrefeu!

etownfwd

by etownfwd

Ok, I've been lurking long enough on this thread. I'm in, but I am curious to see the design.

-efwd

KvnP

by KvnP

Finally !
Now to play the waiting game..
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

tranquilo

by tranquilo

I'm sorry, am I looking at $125.00 for the jersey AND 149.00$ for the bibs? :shock: :shock:

Even if there are more than 30 people buying it, it still looks expensive, no?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Good point, pricing might be high for some people.

This is a jump, but we can also go with Champion Systems. They also have low minimum & the ability to have a 'team store' set up.
The pricing there would be CS10 Pricing + 10% fee to use their Direct System, so you would be looking at:
Jerseys ~ Air Lite Jersey ~ $59.40 USD or the Razor Jersey (top end) at
Bibs ~ CS Razor Bib Shorts ~ $110 USD (available in two lengths, which some taller people may like)
+ Shipping
Apparently they've improved their Chamois.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm not tied to any vendor, but only sought a company that was able to provide logistics solutions without minimums.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com