Athletic Heart Syndrome

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Have any of you on here experienced a feeling in your chest like your heart just does not have enough room? One season, I remember going from Cat 3 to racing Pro 1-2, I had a brief period where my heart hurt, like I had pushed it passed the normal level it had been used to working.

This has happened again since my last race, enough that I actually went to the ER on Sunday and was basically treated like I had or was having a heart attack. They did EKGs and those were fine, but the doctor I was working with, who is actually a guy I ride with on occasion, set me up for a stress test and ECHO. Had that done yesterday and am awaiting results.

Just curious if anyone else on here had experienced anything similar.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Caffeine? Dehydration? Heat? Altitude? I think all were factors when I had something similar 3 years ago, when I was 51. I presume you are a lot younger. Doc also acted like I'd had a heart attack. They did EKG and some kind of ultrasound where they measure the heart chambers etc, evaluating structure. Found nothing wrong. Doc then referred me to a stress test but I never went. Of course it could be something serious, or nothing at all except the stars aligning against you. My episode was while climbing a canyon, sat beside the road for an hour, heart rate just would not go down. Wrote it off as a really bad bonk, but pretty scary at the time. Hope yours is nothing serious.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Found out I have a Bicuscpid Aortic Valve. I think the episode the day I had it was due to the previous days heat and humidity, coupled with over training. Doc told me that the heart is functioning 100% and that I should continue to do what I am doing.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?