Epic strava whining

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

kbbpll

by kbbpll

I changed my gender and I can't even get a QOM.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

You think the guys are bad? You should've seen what happened when I accidentally uploaded one of my rides on my wife's login. Mmmeeeooooewww!

by Weenie

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Ya'll know about digitalepo.com right?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Do people really do this? If so they are rather sad people gaining satisfaction from the most unimportant of things, qudos that means SFA in the big scheme of things.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

All that tells me is that with the possibility of digital doping tests, the digital dopers need to be more sophisticated to ensure no (or at least more difficult) detectability of their doping. It shouldn't be difficult to write a digital doping algorithm which will be difficult to detect. But I'm not going to write it, because I'm not going to go down in history as the digital Dr. Ferraari.

At least no one is dying in their sleep from digital doping - except perhaps for the guy who is heartbroken over losing his KOM to a digital doper.

liketoride

by liketoride

that just made me chuckle this morning so thank you. :D

kbbpll

by kbbpll

There's some epic whining here too (old article) http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... ned-strava
I never got on strava until I read this thread, so I uploaded a few rides to check it out... god what a bunch of crapola. One 11 mile climb I regularly do has about 20 segments. "This mailbox to that mailbox", "section through the trees". I guess people really _are_ this vain. The whole damn climb is a "segment", not teeny pieces of it! And I find the website almost unusable. Sorry for venting; the linked article made me gag.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

The Guardian article above links to this somewhat lengthy article about the history and culture of strava and its users
http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/biking/How-Strava-Is-Changing-the-Way-We-Ride.html?page=all