What is your favorite bottle?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

I prefer the Camelbak Jet Valve to Specialized's Purist valve. It's a little bit smaller, and a bit softer. While the valves are 'open' I do get a little bit of leaking if the bottle is horizontal (such as in between the aerobars on my TT bike). Once closed however, the Camelbaks don't leak at all, whereas the Specialized continues to drip over bumps. It's been that way for every bottle I've had, so I'm done bothering with those anymore.

Liggero

by Liggero

Camelbak bottles, bot the podium and the thermal one. I love them a lot. The valve is a great idea and the mouth is big enough to insert ice cubs on them. They are quite resistant.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The bottle with my WW forum name on it.

It's why I'm slow.

kgt

by kgt

Anyone tried Elite Hygene? Supposed to be something similar to Camelbak in terms of quality. What about Elite syssa inox?

Geoff

by Geoff

+1 on Elite. The Corsa lids are way safer. If one gets dropped and you hit it at speed, it just blows-off, reducing the likelihood of a crash (it sounds like a gun going off, though!).

limba

by limba

I have the Podiums and Purist. I like the Purist better. When they make a Purist "chill" bottle that will be even better.

nickf

by nickf

I use the Camelbak Podium chill and ice bottles. I don't see the ice variant anymore thought. Both work great in the Florida heat. The ice bottle will keep water cold for around 2.5 hours. That's with it filled to the top with ice though.

KH1

by KH1

Has anyone done a weight test? :wink:
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

em3

by em3

MattSoutherden wrote:I rinse them, pull the mouthpiece off

How do u do that? I love these bottles but hate that mold starts to grow in mouthpiece and I can't get a brush through there to clean it. Or by mouthpiece did u mean lid? EM3

genesis692

by genesis692

You can pull the rubber part of the mouthpiece off. You just have to use a bit of force.

Makes cleaning a lot easier.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

limba wrote:I have the Podiums and Purist. I like the Purist better. When they make a Purist "chill" bottle that will be even better.

Just been realeased!

limba

by limba

I knew it would happen eventually. Thanks for the info.

nayr497

by nayr497

Juanmoretime wrote:I too have been using the Camelbak insulated bottles for about 4 years. I do repave them every year. I have also not experienced any leakage, they just work well and easy to drink.

I used the Polar insulated too and those bottles would leak.

Repave or replace?

I like Camelbak Podiums too, even moreso when you get them on sale. Also have the insulated ones which are darn nice on really hot days.

I have a really cool Campagnolo bottle I use when I ride my classic steel bikes. Tacx made. Too bad the hinge/strap cracked. I can still use it though.

Funny though, after getting used to the Camelbak spout old-style bottles seem like hard work...
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I used the Camelbacks before and I switched to Polar bottles and much prefer them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nayr497

by nayr497

genesis692 wrote:You can pull the rubber part of the mouthpiece off. You just have to use a bit of force.

Makes cleaning a lot easier.

You can also either turn counter-clockwise or turn it to the locked position and then gently turn just the rubber nozzle and it will unseat and come off. Might prolong the life span more than just pulling it off.

Yup, I too don't like the scuzz that grows in the nozzle.
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.